“Come for the salad!”

Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay
Ranked #5 of 246 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamo Street
Transit: Bus stop across street.
Description: Cafe Pesto offers creative and locally fresh Island cuisine in a casually elegant setting at truly affordable prices. It's menu draws from the diverse multicultural influences found throughout the Big Island and applies them to wood fired pizzas, ethnically inspired pastas, risottos, the freshest of seafood and organic salads.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This gem in Hilo has something for everyone..fantastic salad for me, fish for the hubby, pizza for the kids (real Hawaiian pizza in Hawaii!) The service was a little slow but it was a very busy lunchtime. I plan on trying their Kawaihai location too.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We created our own pizza and found the crust to our liking (limited choice there)--not too thick and crispy on the edges. A little timid with the garlic but fresh ingredients took up the slack. The place is large and open, and when busy is fairly noisy. Service was a little slow but professional. Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife's family is Italian and have one dish I've never seen anywhere else - melanzane. Then I found Cafe Pesto. It's a different style of melanzane than my wife's family makes, but it's superb nonetheless. All of their dishes are very good, but I always come back for the melanzane. The service is some times a bit slow, but generally attentive and good attention to detail. I live part time Hilo side and I eat at Cafe Pesto a couple times a year.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Excellent stromboli dish, as recommended by our waiter. One of my favorites on this vacation. Food was expensive. Building was outdated. Lackluster indoor ambiance. Nice live music for dinner. Great service. They originally told us a 45-minute wait for our group of 5 plus a baby. But after my husband asked further to make us fit (since he saw empty tables of 4), they accommodated us and sat us right away. Family friendly.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a nice meal after our tour of Kilauea with Paradise Helicopters. Started with a delicious version of nachos followed by mango chicken - both excellent. Prices are mid-range, service was good if a tad slow. Restaurant is quite noisy - probably the music was a bit too loud plus the building is old. All in all a great place to eat.