“Great lunch place!”

Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay
Ranked #6 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamo Street
Transit: Bus stop across street.
Description: Cafe Pesto offers creative and locally fresh Island cuisine in a casually elegant setting at truly affordable prices. It's menu draws from the diverse multicultural influences found throughout the Big Island and applies them to wood fired pizzas, ethnically inspired pastas, risottos, the freshest of seafood and organic salads.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Whilst touring Hilo, I stopped in for lunch. The food is creative and delicious. Heaps of fancy flat bread pizzas and sandwiches. The soups are homemade, and the salads are great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,553)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I came in on a recommendation of a friend. After touring Hilo a little I was ready for a late lunch. I had a nice Kettle One Martini with olives and it was great. then I ordered the linguini with sausage. I think my favorite part of the meal was the Bleu Caesar salad, delicious. The ambiance is old Hawaiian in a nice refurbished building, cheerful employees, good service.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had to wait for a table the night we visited Cafe Pesto. We had spent the day touring Hilo and decided to give this place a try. Why? Because Cafe Pesto was suggested to us by the lady at Volcano Village Lodge. She gave us a few names of restaurants in Hilo and this place seemed to fit the bill. Why? Casual comfort with more trendy food.
Cafe Pesto is a welcome after plate lunches and pineapple. Cafe Pesto is pizza, salad, soup, and almost anything that pushes the culinary envelope.
The location in a small. old building in downtown Hilo makes this place a perfect romantic dinner stop.

2  Thank AlohaFever4HI
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were in Hilo just leaving the farmers market when we decided to eat lunch in Hilo old town. We looked on our map and saw a restaruant was close and decided to give it a try. The cafe was almost full, good sign, we were seated timely and our order was taken timely. They gave us complementary bread while our food was being prepared. It came with flavored butter also. My wife order the shrimp pizza with white sauce and I ordered a green salad. The pizza was like going to California Pizza Kitchen gourmet pizzas. I not normally a pizza guy but was fantastic with the white sauce. The size was big enough that we did not eat it all. My salad was fresh ingrediants. The only complaint was the greens on my salad was in big pieces and needed to be cut in smaller pieces. The dressing was good and I would order it again. We spent around $30 for lunch for two. I will go again my next trip to Hilo

1  Thank ChrisKauaiBette
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a family friendly restaurant, not too loud with good food. Our girls each got pizzas and they all ended up taking home leftovers. I would say a pizza and a salad with a starter and shared desert will do a couple just fine.