“Highly recommended and a right call”

Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay
Ranked #5 of 243 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamo Street
Transit: Bus stop across street.
Description: Cafe Pesto offers creative and locally fresh Island cuisine in a casually elegant setting at truly affordable prices. It's menu draws from the diverse multicultural influences found throughout the Big Island and applies them to wood fired pizzas, ethnically inspired pastas, risottos, the freshest of seafood and organic salads.
Salem, Oregon
“Highly recommended and a right call”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We needed a quick dinner in Hilo before driving to our resort. Cafe Pesto was very good for us. I had the regular Pizza and it was not the best pizza I have ever had, but close. And I am hard to please for pizza, most places are just poor.

My wife had a chicken pesto dinner and hers was very good also. There was also a decent guitar player/singer and a girl that did a pretty good hula. It was a pleasant surprise.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hilo, Hawaii
“Great food caring staff and super bartenders”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have eaten the Greek salad very Ono the pizza very good and the onomea sandwich great. The staff is friendly and is always with a smile. The bartenders are fast friendly and always greet you. I always enjoy eating there.

Metamora, Illinois
“Really great food with great location”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The food, service and location were all outstanding. We enjoyed so much the first time that we went back again when we were in Hilo the next day. We all had different foods, we all shared a bit with each other and the four of us were all delighted with the food and the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Wrangell, Alaska
“Great location/nice food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent 2 weeks on the Big Island of Hawaii (we have been coming here for 20+ years) most of it on the Kona Coast. What would a trip to the Big Island be with out seeing Volcanoes Nat. Park?
So we found ourselves in Hilo for the night (a Monday in late April) and noted that our dining options were very limited. I mention that we spent time on the Kona Coast just because the area is very well visited and there are many upscale dining options-back to Hilo.
The location on the water front was great, the staff was attentive, the menu had lots of choices and the bar was well stocked. The restaurant had a civilized feel to it which I had not experienced on previous trips to Hilo. I love local fish and produce and Cafe Pesto is literally right around the corner from the famed Hilo Farmers Market.
Thank goodness that Cafe Pesto delivered because I was beginning to worry walking by vacant store fronts and closed "local restaurants".

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Another Outstanding Meal”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Every time we get to Hilo we have two place we go for meals. Cafe Pesto has a large, varied menu and every visit has been a great experience. My seafood stromboli sounded intriguing and it was something I had never seen before. It did not disappoint! It was full of cheese and large pieces of fish and the crust was perfect. The other 3 people in my party also had great lunches. Perfect for before or after visiting the Hilo market.