“Best NY pizza in Hilo” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizza Hawaii of Hilo Inc.

Pizza Hawaii of Hilo Inc.
Ranked #79 of 234 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Hilo, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best NY pizza in Hilo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

For me the best overall pizza in Hilo.
Ask for extra crispy. Large is really huge.
They deliver too.

Visited July 2012

Salem, Oregon
“Almost as good as Primetime/Odd Moes Pizza from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

The dough is my favorite part of pizza & this one was good!
Chewy, not too thick or thin, toppings were plentiful & tasty.
We got the New Yorker & the BBQ Hawaiian.
Usually hawaiian is my favorite at home, but the New Yorker definately became my favorite here, yum! Prices were high, 2 larges were $50, but it was good & we're on vacation.
I called in the order on a Friday night, the boys went & picked them up, 2 larges took 25 minutes to be ready so not too bad a wait. Would definately get it again,

• Visited May 2012
Hilo, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza. Huge Pizza.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

When ordering the massive 19in pizza make sure you have some backup ready to devour the other 3/4 of the pizza because you won't want any of this awesome pie to go to waste. I would personally recommend the California pizza. The pesto flavor it boasts is amazing. If you are feeling more adventuresome, they also offer a one of a kind seafood pizza which I think every true pizza lover should try.

Visited January 2012
Hakalau, Hawaii
“Friendly service but mediocre pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Wish I could be nicer, and I'm not usually critical of most restaurants, but the pizza wasn't the best. The service and price was good, but the pizza was a little less than average. The hot cheese dripped off in globs rather than being nice and stringy and the flavor of the cheese wasn't great. I think it would be above averge with good quality cheese. The sauce was fine and just the right amount of garlic. Next time I'll try the Alfredo instead.

• Visited February 2012
Keaau, Hawaii
“Really good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have tried every pizza place for 40 miles and this is definitely the only one worth eating. First, the food is made with a smile, and as busy as they are, that says a lot. Whether dining in or taking out, service is excellent. The pizzas are large for the money but most of all, the toppings are generous and delicious. You can have sauces other than tomato sauce, which is quite a pleasure for a traditional pizza place. I haven't memorized the menu but tomato sauce, white sauce (alfredo?) pesto and I believe one other sauce is available. My favorite is the New Yorker. But, like most pizza restaurants, you can build your own from dozens of toppings.

They don't have a lot of tables so if you are planning to eat in you might be disappointed, but if it were me, at that point I'd get the pizza to go. it's that good. They are true pizza artists. Oh, and make sure you get the coupons on the web site particularly if you like the New Yorker, because it's a nice savings. And student discounts are also honored.

I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant. My only disappointment is that they have a 5 mile radius on the delivery and so I have to drive into town to eat or pickup.

• Visited November 2011