“Great service, great food.”

Reuben's Mexican Food
Ranked #63 of 247 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great Mexican food and great atmosphere. I really liked the running tally above the bar tracking the number of margaritas served. The waitress told us when we arrived to "raise the flag" when we needed anything. Every time the flag was raised, for our order or refills, the waitress was right there. My chicken enchilada was great. I was a little surprised to find such a great Mexican food on vacation in Hilo.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stopped by here after a long day exploring Hilo and really enjoyed our meal. We actually ordered one entree (steak rancheros) and one appetizer (beef nachos) for two people and both plates were gianormous in portion size! They were quite tasty, and much to our surprise the beef in the beef nachos wasn't boring ground beef, it was a beef-brisket type meat. Very yummy!

We had a pitcher of margarita with one of the higher priced tequilas and it was the highlight of the night! So tasty and smooooooth.

Staff was friendly and the service was prompt.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good food, well marinated, excellent flavors. Friendly warm service and all at a very reasonable price. Well Done Reuben's 3 out of 3!
This is the 2nd time we have been here, normally we can be disappointed on our second visit but they repeated with an excellent service, food and price.
They have added to their menu the Chichen Mole $11, superbly marinated, chicken falls off the bone. Also shrimp crevice $6.50, excellent fresh starter to a meal. The chicken enchilada was as good as the first time. Drinks all very reasonable. Well worth a visit if you in Hilo.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was my first visit to a Mexican restaurant in Hilo. The refried beans....too watery.
The main entree was not too bad but the "chicken" and "pork" pieces were too big and no
knives were available so it was hard to eat it "ladylike." I don't know if I would return to eat
Mexican.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nice old fashioned Mexican restaurant that reminded me of my first experiences with Mexican food in LA in the early 80'ies. Really reasonable prices for good food served in gigantic portions. Good Margaritas completed the experience.