“The best meal on our honeymoon”
Review of Pescatore - CLOSED

Pescatore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Austin, TX
“The best meal on our honeymoon”
Reviewed March 13, 2005

I was confused by the other review, but we really loved Pescatore. We ended up here after walking out of Cafe Pesto after 15 minutes of no service. The service here was friendly and attentive, and it was the best meal I had on our honeymoon. I ordered the pan-seared Mahi-Mahi, and my wife had sausage linguine. Both were excellent.

3 Thank ATXhoneymooner

Central Arizona, Arizona
“Which benefits the tourist.”
Reviewed February 12, 2005

We decided to go and eat at an Italian restaurant called oddly enough the Pescatore Italian Restaurant located at 235 Keawe Street in downtown Hilo. It has Sicilian style Italian cuisine and doesn't depend on the tourist trade for survival, which benefits the tourist. I had Fragole di Alfredo while Peggy had a Steamed Clam Special.

We had read that it was a very good restaurant. Peggy said the steamed clams were ok but she expected more flavors. My Fragole di Alfredo had too many flavors. In short except for the salad and the French onion soup we were disappointed.

A note about the French onion soup. We "know" it is difficult to make good French onion soup and the one at Pescatore was very good and rated an 8 on a scale of 10. That was worth the trip.

We finished our meal and ordered Strawberries in Amaretto sauce. We shared one desert and it was very good and that was another worth the trip. In short, go for the soup and salad and desert and skip the main course.

2 Thank pigseyepeg