“Aweful”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Do not come here! The food was aweful, service was aweful, generally aweful. I didnt think it was possible to screw up italian but you definitely can. It was fairly cheap so I was able to go get something good afterwards. I had the catch of the day and eggs and it was no where near good. DO NOT COME HERE... unless you like old people.

There are newer reviews for Pescatore

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Went there just to try something new and I wish I hadn't! Not only was the food expensive but it was small portions!! Would've been okay if the food tasted great but it didn't. Better off ordering from McDonald's, at least you would be full. Never going there again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

First visit, but we will definitely go back next year when in Hilo. Warm, friendly hostess. Waiter obviously enjoyed his job and describing the food, making suggestions, etc.
I had the best Eggplant Marinara that I can remember, and I order it rather frequently, plus a side of Zitti with fresh Parmesan cheese, excellent dinner rolls, topped off with the most delicious chocolate hazelnut ice cream. My husband had Shrimp and Chicken in an Alfredo sauce. It was very good, but the sauce was a bit thick for his taste.
Servings are generous, so we had enough left for dinner the next day. Essentially cuts the cost in half.
The decor is a very warm, victorian style, tables far enough apart that you have a sense of privacy; soft, relaxing music. A very enjoyable experience. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. In fact I was having such a nice time I forgot my purse under the table and did not realize it until the next morning. Bit of a panic since we were leaving the BI the next day.
I called and they said it was there. Nothing had been touched; cash, credit cards, etc. all intact. Just added to the warm feeling I already had for the place.

1  Thank Maryw8
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pescatore was highly recommended to us by our long-time Hilo resident landlords. When we walk into Pescatore, we are always welcomed by one of the friendly staff members. The dining room is intimate and charming, and they have soft music playing in the background. Art on the walls is very appealing. We've had lunch there once and dinner twice. The food doesn't "wow" us, but it is consistently good and filling. We like that the restaurant is so close to the historic Hilo Palace Theater, and we dine before or after shows. We're becoming regulars.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My favorite pasta place in town.
Hot fresh rolls. Great blue cheese dressing. Awesome chocolate hazelnut ice-cream.