“Great Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Hawaii
“Great Pho”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Set on a side street behind the Garden Exchange, Pho Viet is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown and enjoy a lunch or dinner with authentic flavors. Service is prompt and courteous, and I always relax for a while in this little cafe.

Visited January 2013

Hilo,
“The best Pho I've had.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great, little, hole in the wall place that I want to patronize more than once a week. It's located on a small extension street, right behind Garden Exchange and right next to a Thai restaurant. It holds only eight tables that can seat four customers each, but the speed of service keeps things flowing. It's busy now, but I'm guessing that in a very short time it's going to be a lot more busy. It's obviously a family business and they are very efficient and attentive to us hungry bunch. Even if all the tables are taken, you can get your order within 10 minutes of being seated. When a friend who works at Garden Exchange raved about the food and service, I immediately had lunch there with the wife. Wow! What a happy surprise. My friend, (thanks Stanton,) highly recommended the "Beef Stew Pho with rice noodles." I normally season the plain version of this dish using hot sauces that are provided by all restaurants that have Pho on their menus. I have never seasoned anything that tastes like their Beef Stew Pho. And everytime I've eaten there, the taste is consistent. It's got the right combination of spicy hot and flavor. It's not just hot for the sake of being hot. The beef pieces are plentyful enough that my wife usually gives me what she can't finish. Lucky for me. And the pieces are so tender that you don't feel like chewing. It just melts in your mouth. I'm sorry, this is the only dish I've eaten there. I'm a creature of habit, if I like it, that's what I'm eating. Others have ordered other dishes and have told me how good everytning was. And for the amount of food you receive, the Beef Stew Pho is less than $8. Trust me on this, you'll love it.

• Visited April 2013
NY, NY
“Wow! A 5 Star stunner!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Amazing pho and summer rolls. The broth, noodles, and meat were all perfect. The shrimp in the summer rolls was fresh and tasty. Truly the best Pho I've had on any of the islands. But while these dishes were impressive and wonderful it was the beef stew that was truly, truly AWESOME and unique. Hot, aromatic, spicy and accompanied by a small loaf of hot, wonderful, Viet/French bread. The spring rolls are also perfect - which again is not common in a Vietnamese restaurant.

You must eat here.