“Fun place to go for fancy Hawaiian blended drinks .”

Pineapple's Island Fresh Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 246 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I loved the open air feeling of this place and the live music was soothing. Good food and friendly staff. It's closer to the airport too .

There are newer reviews for Pineapple's Island Fresh Cuisine

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I dined at Pineapples on Friday 7/25/14. We had made reservations and were seated upon our arrival. It was quite crowded! We ordered 2 appetizers - poke and seared scallops with mango cream sauce. The portions on both were nicely sized. Poke was fresh and seasoned perfectly. Scallops were also cooked to perfection and the sauce was delightful. My husband had the Diablo rib eye steak. It was huge, cooked to order and came with a tasty sauce and was served over garlic mashed potatoes. I had a sesame beef salad (a special for that evening). The beef was tender and expertly seasoned. It came with a roasted vegetable vinaigrette. A uniquely flavored dressing that married well with the beef! I also had the Mai Tai
sampler-I chose guava, lychee, mango and classic for my flavors. All were delicious! In addition to the wonderful food, the entertainment was a perfect compliment. A nice selection of songs was performed by a talented artist. I definitely and highly recommend Pineapples to everyone who wishes to enjoy high quality delicious food!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have been here several times, reasonable prices for Hawaii but the fresh ingredients make it even more with the money. The Niçoise salad they make has all local lettuce, olives, onions etc and a very nice sized piece of the fish they have, I had Ono both times I had this salad and it was to die for. Fresh hamakua mushrooms served all kinds of ways. My favorite Kona new Wailua Wheat on tap ( many other locals and I suggest local) and my pals had a pineapple jalapeño margarita with some interesting red fluffy like sugar instead do salt. Tasted it and loved it...burns well. People with all food issues can find things to eat here....vegans, vegetarians, omnivores all....but the fish is always good, especially since the ocean is a block away. Music playing in the evening. Great place to relax after seeing Kilauea glowing at night in Hawaii Volcanoes National. Park. Great food, chill vibe, open air -this place is a good deal. Also very nice wait staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had lunch here and liked it very much. The staff was very friendly and the food was really good! I had the Mahi Mahi and it was so tender... Jummie
I would defenitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Restaurant was quite crowded, but we got a table after little wait. They had very entertaining live music and food was tasty! Staff was very friendly and service was excellent. Highly recommended!!!