“Great breakfast!”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were given the name of this cafe in talking to some locals at a market and telling them we were planning on driving to Hilo the next day. We probalby would not have stopped there as it was in a warehouse stlye building with a small sign and if we hadn't been looking for it would never have seen it - don't follow a gps to go there as it takes you to a residential area!
. We were warned that the portions are huge and to share a plate. My husband and I shared an omlet, hashbrowns and pancakes and could not eat the whole thing. ( there is an upcharge for sharing an order but the price is still very reasonable) The omlet and hashbrowns were on a platter and the pancakes were on a large dinner size plate. Not a fancy place but excellent food and you do not go away hungry.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Did our little stay-cation last weekend, stayed at, or visited some of our favorite sites and found a new gem in the rough. Hidden away in the industrial area, just 4 blocks from our hotel on Banyan drive, was this great little find. You figure when you go to breakfast with 7 people, your going to have a hard time pleasing everyone, not so.
I had the - prime rib, locomoco, eggs over easy - pure heaven, and if you dont know what a loco-moco is - google it, gravy, meat, eggs, over rice.
The pancakes were fantastic, my wife loved the corned beef hash......
We begged them to open a place in Kona, well seeeeeee......

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

This place is what TripAdvisor is all about; hitting the off the beaten path places that the locals have found and love.

They are only open until 2 pm. Meals are a mix of American and Hawaiian breakfast and lunch in large portions. Prices are very reasonable considering what you get. You might have to wait but it moves fast.

I had the stew, never ordered that on vacation before but it was the best stew i have ever had, simple ingredients with a great sauce. Wife had the Saimin, it was tasty as well. The guy next to us had the Loco Moco with a side of two 14 inch diameter by half inch thick pancakes. He was wiped out before touching the cakes.

Went back the next day and had the Loco Moco and Teri Burger. Tasty gravy and a good char on the burger patties.

Food wise this place will be what i remember and miss the most from the big island.

1  Thank Blackbirds
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here twice. I had French toast once and a burger the next time. My husband had a spinach omelet that made him feel a little sick and a burger. The burgers were ok but the fries seemed like the frozen kind, but to special. They do have giant pancakes here but that's all you get is pancakes, no sides like eggs or bacon, those cost extra. The bacon is not that great, not worth the extra price. I want to like this place, but after eating here twice, I just don't think it's that special. Nothing to rave about.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stopped in for breakfast, and although the restaurant was only a little more than half full, it took a really long time to get our breakfast. Finally the server brought my French Toast, but no food for my husband and didn't say a word. A few minutes later, his food was served, but the eggs were not cooked as requested. However, they give you a HUGE serving of bacon - I think there were about 8 slices! Not bad, but certainly not noteworthy.