My husband and I stayed one night in Hilo and chose this B & B. I wish it had been longer. Our room was so comfy, bright & cheery and looked out onto a wonderfully manicured spacious yard. The breakfast included native fruits and baked goods - excellent! The location is quiet, secluded and perfect for traveling to the local sites including the Mauna Kea Observatory and local markets. The owners, Lory & Stewart, were gracious hosts and readily shared their wealth of information about the area with us. Our next trip to Hilo will definately include several nights @ this B & B. Without hesitation I would highly recommend The Old Hawaiian B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Hawaiian B&B is a two story 'Olde Hawaiian Style' home located on 1/2 acre of gorgeous landscaped grounds, backing onto State-owned land, and the Wailuku River. It is situated in one of the most peaceful and tropical areas of Hilo, and only two blocks from the Boiling Pots Park, which has an overlook of the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Old Hawaiian Hotel Hilo
- The Old Hawaiian Bed And Breakfast
- The Old Hawaiian B&B Hilo, Hawaii