“Beautiful B&B”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hilo B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Beautiful B&B”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed one night here while exploring the Hilo. The house was beautiful, the room was spacious and the hosts were wonderful! Lory made us a delicious breakfast, and what I loved the best was that almost all of the fruits used came from her garden!! The house is just a few minutes away from the Boiling Pots State Park and Rainbow falls park, so it made exploring those areas really easy. I had left my phone charger in my room, and when I called Lory after we left Hilo, she found it and sent it to me at home without questions!! I highly recommend this place for all travelers!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilosunshine, Owner at The Old Hawaiian B&B, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for all the kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Hope to see you on your next visit to Hilo.

Lory and Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Ushuaia, Argentina
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Like other reviewers, I have nothing but praise for the Old Hawaiian B&B! My boyfriend and I enjoyed a four-night, relaxing stay and had a wonderful time. Lory and her husband (and their dog, Cinder) were extremely welcoming! Breakfast was fresh and delicious, and the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I would highly recommend the Old Hawaiian for anyone staying in Hilo!

UK
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed for two nights at The Old Hawaiian B&B as part of a island hoping adventure in Hawaii. The room was very large and well presented with an extremely comfortable bed and lots of books for guest use. The location was good for Hilo and the breakfast was lovely! We particulary enjoyed spotting the trees in the garden that the fruit being served had grown on. An amazing variety that added to the enjoyment of our stay.

Westervoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Old Hawaiian B&B for 4 nights. Lory had done her utmost to serve a wonderful breakfast every morning! Delicious fruit from her own garden, a jewel on our plates every morning! The pastries she baked every morning were outstanding, and the smoothies were delicious! A packed breakfast was also possible, which was great! The room was clean and cosy, clean towels every day, fridge and microwave and waterboiler on the lanai! It was just perfect, we would advise everyone to go here, you won't find a better place!

Dublin OH
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The service and breakfast were superb. Our room was clean and comfortable. The birds sang loudly and were so peaceful on the lanai. However,our room and specifically the bathroom were adjacent to the lanai so we had little privacy.

• Stayed June 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Old Hawaiian Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful, lovely experience. I was born and raised on O'ahu, and I am very picky about travel and lodgings. This was a wonderful, comfortable, beautiful setting, with friendly, intelligent, lovely owners who were helpful in every way. My room was the largest one available and the most private. A large iron-framed bed and smaller day bed evoked a turn of the century (19th-20th) Victorian charm. Huge double hung windows let in loads of natural light. The spa-like bathroom was modern and luxurious in size, with a sunken tub and separate shower. Being there was instantly relaxing. Breakfast service was prompt--just the right touch of casualness and formality, and was delicious. Because I was there for the high school track and field State Championships, i didn't need a lot of direction about places to go, but Lory was certainly knowledgeable. It was also fortuitous that she coaches track at Hilo High, so she was additionally helpful given my reasons for travel. The grounds were planted with authentic native plants, in addition to common, non-invasive fruit trees and a variety of flowering irises, hibiscus, to name a few. While waiting for a ride, i walked up the street where friendly neighbors smiled and waved. I would definitely return the next time I go to Hilo, and in fact, I'd prefer staying there than at a luxury hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Abilene, Kansas
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The Old Hawaiian B&B is wonderful. It was my first trip to Hawaii and this was a great start. The back yard is so beautiful. Lory has so many fresh fruits and it was fun to try all of the new ones. Her breakfasts are the best! Love the smoothies! Lory can tell you about different places to go and things to do and makes you feel right at home.
Anyone who chooses the Old Hawaiian won't regret it. I hope we can return someday.
Thanks again Lory and Stewart!
Connie T.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunrise room. It was a large comfortable room, with a table and two chairs, an extr...