“Casa de Luna = v. good. Too bad they changed the place to "Pineapples"”
Review of Casa de Luna - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa de Luna
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casa de Luna is closed...Pineapples Island fresh Cuisine at the same great location..New Management...New Menu...Amazing Food !
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Casa de Luna had a interesting menu, albeit consistent execution could be shaky from time to time and the waitstaff seemed to change every month. Now it's called Pineapples and the menu is very pedestrian. Burgers, salads, pasta...stuff you could find anywhere. Great open air ambiance, though.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Love the location, and outdoor environment. Have tried three times in find something on the menu that is edible. I've failed. I hear they are getting a new chef. I eagerly await this upgrade because the restaurant is just so lovely to be in. Drink are good.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have just moved to The Big Island so we are not familiar with places or streets and we were driving around looking for furniture stores, etc. and we happened to pass this restaurant by and we decided to turn around and give it a try. We loved the open air atmosphere and you choose where you sit. The location itself doesn't offer much to look at as it is on the corner of a busy intersection but when you are inside, there is a Mexican open air feel to it.

The waitress was very pleasant and brought salsa and chips to the table along with a large decorative wine bottle of cold water which is left on the table for refills. The menu items are not pricey at all and we chose the nacho platter with chicken which is large enough for two people to enjoy and still have some leftover.

I did not feel the service was slow at all as we were served within 15 to 20 minutes if not sooner and we did have the chips and salsa to enjoy while waiting.

We enjoyed this restaurant so much, that we have since returned two more times as we enjoy the good food for a great price.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to Casa de Luna today for lunch. The menu was nice, lots of choices. Tapas, tacos, enchiladas, and much more. Chips and salsa was the best I've had in a restaurant. Chips not too thick, salsa was full of flavor. I had the gazpacho which was excellent, my friend had the tortilla soup, it was served cold but she said it tasted ok. I also got the steak tacos which were very tasty, but fell apart when trying to eat them. The beans were very good as was the rice. Friend had a margarita, she liked it a lot. I had soda. Only complaint was it took an incredible amount of time to get our food and the place wasn't that busy. It is Hawaii and things go slower but this was even slow by Hawaiian standards. I'd go back and try some of their other entrees as the food was nice and fresh.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stumbled upon this place and had a great lunch. Fish and steak tacos, guacamole, taco salad were all fresh and wonderful.