Excellent place just outside Hilo, 5 min by car. The room faces the ocean, with a nice lanai where you can relax and look at the ocean. We were there in february so we were lucky enough to see many whales breaching out, just from our room. Totally awesome. The room is clean and Rick and Maria are very nice people with a lot of good advises on what to see in the area. The breakfast is probably the best one we had in all our vacation where we stayed at 5 different B&Bs. Fresh fruit with some very particular fruits that I never heard before (e.g. rambutan) and the macadamia pancakes were out of this world.
I definitely recommend this place and I will go back if I'll visit Hilo again (hopefully)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo