We travel on a budget but we splurged and booked two nights in the Bamboo room so we could be right on the water for at least a portion of our stay on the island. I was able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise both mornings right from my bed which was wonderful. The breakfast was excellent both days, our favorite was the stuffed papaya. The bed was very comfortable and the walk in shower was great. You must walk by all the other rooms to get to the Bamboo room at the end so it is the most private. I don't know that I would have been comfortable sleeping with the drapes open otherwise. The door to the Bamboo room is through the commons area where the refrigerator and stairway to breakfast is located. I had to put in ear plugs the first night due to the noise from the frogs, although it is a very consistant noise. They were less noisy the second night and I didn't need earplugs. I can see where some people might have trouble with the driveway parking since it is slanted and tight but my husband didn't have any problems. The hosts were very nice and willing to answer any questions we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo