We found the Hale Kai last minute and were immediately struck by how friendly and welcoming our hosts were. We dropped our bags off in the morning and Ric showed us to our room. He asked us where we planned to go that day and then suggested places nearby to eat and sights to see, including to return to the volcano to view it at night. Something that we wouldn't have thought of but was one of the most amazing things we saw. They had obviously gone to alot of trouble to prepare a list of restaurants and activities that they recommended in the area. Ric was happy to chat for as long as we wanted and answer all our questions.
The room was clean and had everything you would expect it should have, the bed was very comfortable and we had a really good nights sleep. The coqui frog was far quieter here than at other places in the area, we hardly noticed it from our room.
The following morning we had breakfast on the lanai, fresh fruit, sausage and portugese omelet. It was really delicious. The view over the bay was spectacular, an amazing place to eat and chat more to Ric and Maria. They gave us some more suggestions for places to stop on the way back to the airport, which were spot on again, and even gave me sound advice on how best to approach the surf in the small beach that we overlooked.
All in all it was a brilliant stay in a wonderful location made extra special by the hosts. For us they were perfect, they took a real interest whilst not being too in your face. We would definitely stay again and our only reget was that we only had one night there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo