“Great quality at a good price!”
Review of Lucy's Taqueria

Lucy's Taqueria
Ranked #14 of 247 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: At Lucys we try to give you a great all around experience, as well as some good food. We use the freshest ingredient from right here in our backyards to the best of our abilities, supporting our local farmers, ranchers, and fellow business owners. We serve lunch, dinner, and breakfast all day. We have a full bar, as well as ten draft beers on tap. Come in a take a look, or eat, or drink, or eat and drink.... and join the party
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The carne asada is amazing and at $10 you will not believe the portion size. Two people can easily split it. The mojitos for $5 are delicious as well. We love the people here too. The owners really care about their customers. I have a gluten allergy and they are very capable of accommodating me. This is a no brainer stop when we are in Hilo.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The food is good. The owner is always so friendly! The drinks are good, would recommend a Midori margarita. Very casual atmosphere, where you buss your own tables. There is a keiki corner that my son loves, with a tv, books, and toys. Great place, must try.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were told about Lucy's by a Seattle friend and were glad we stopped in. Great Rita's and wonderful Mulatos. And the atmosphere is light and fun.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Real pro's run and work at this taqueria. The drinks are great, excellent pours every time, and the wet burrito, choose your stuffing, was out of this world. I visit Hilo on business regularly and I will return to Lucy's often.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I came here as the last stop before I left Hilo based on the high reviews on trip advisor. I just thought the place, food, and experience were mediocre overall. I went during dinner time and the place was hopping. Ordering was a little confusing and no one explained where to get water, chips, silverware, salsa, or anything. I was waiting for those things to be brought to me but instead I just got my food and had to ask about the rest. I ordered a burrito wet especial, and the best part of the dinner was the fact they had tofu as an option for the meat. Beyond that, I wasn't terribly impressed. Maybe I'm just used to Mexican food tasting much differently. I thought the chips and salsa were good, and the chipotle sauce had a nice flavor. The price was very affordable compared to other places I ate on my trip, comparable to Chipotle on the Mainland. I don't know if I would recommend the place or be terribly excited to come here again.