“Best Mexican food this side of the island. Thank you for coming here!”
Review of Lucy's Taqueria

Lucy's Taqueria
Ranked #14 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: At Lucys we try to give you a great all around experience, as well as some good food. We use the freshest ingredient from right here in our backyards to the best of our abilities, supporting our local farmers, ranchers, and fellow business owners. We serve lunch, dinner, and breakfast all day. We have a full bar, as well as ten draft beers on tap. Come in a take a look, or eat, or drink, or eat and drink.... and join the party
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Finally good Mexican food has arrived! Everything is pretty good here. Great salsa bar and Al Pastor. If I had one complaint it would be the size of the Pazole soup bowl is too small.

Coming from Los Angeles, the lack of good Mexican food here on Big Island was a HUGE bummer. It was like an entire food group was missing. Finally the void has been filled.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staff need to be more aware of food allergies (order taker did not know that flour tortilla shells are made from wheat!). That aside, we found staff to be cheerful and food to be very good quality and value.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

First, Lucy's is good. Don't get me wrong. The chorizo in my burrito was really delicious and the fish tacos were great. However, the overall burrito experience was lacking due to them forgetting to put in all my goodies. I ordered the burrito especial and didn't get any of the sour cream, cheese, guacamole, none of that. Just the lettuce and tomato, which assured me that they were trying to make me the right thing. Without all the extras, the burrito was just a bit boring. I liked the atmosphere though and would definitely go back for a second try.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Awesome place for some nice mexican food and drinks. Staff is very friendly and food comes out quick. Well worth a visit and a good pick for a downtown Hilo restaurant

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Local joint that will rock your face off with the delish Mexican. Go with the recommendations if the menu is too hard to choose from. We did and it did not disappoint.

Best Mexican outside of Southern California.

Staff is friendly, fast and welcoming of tourists.

1  Thank judyb_ATL