“Best mochi of my life”

Markham, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best mochi of my life”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was phenomenal. My partner and I rushed to this place in the evening from the Kona side during our honeymoon and technically, they were closed. But because they were still packing up and the lights were on, they allowed us as an exception to purchase some of the mochi. The strawberry, grape, and butter mochi are by far the best I have ever had in my life. Huge succulent strawberries in a delicious bean paste inside the fluffiest, most delectable mochi wrapping I've ever tasted. The butter mochi is airy and fluffy and cakey yet substantial and delicious.

I will come again and again.

• Visited October 2013

Honolulu
“Fantastic confections”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This little place is a treasure. Their wide varietry of flavors means they have something for everyone. If you have a particular flavor you like, and want a whole box (20 pc.), order ahead.
My wife ordered 2 boxes of Okinawan Sweet Poatao mochi to take in to work. Everyone loved them.

They're closed on Sun and Mon, and it's cash only.

If you're in Hilo, you gotta hit this place, and the Farmer's Market.

• Visited October 2013
boston
“Great chichi Mocci”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I think it's great Mocci .The hours and days open are irregular and when they are open they often have little to choose from.

• Visited August 2013
“Good but not great. ”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This moochie is definitely made fresh to order. It tasted good but not something to rave about. You can either order the boxed moochie in the front or order a la carte.

Bar Harbor, Maine
“We'll come back to Hilo just for this!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The mochi at Two Ladies was so incredible! It's high on our list of places to revisit the next time we're on the Big Island. Definitely plan to wait a while for your order if you're getting the strawberry mochi, but it's totally worth the wait. We're looking forward to trying more varieties next time. This is a really special culinary experience!

Visited December 2012