New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Hilo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
New York City, New York
“MOCHI HEAVEN IN HILO!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have visited Hilo a couple of time prior to this visit and only this time we have decided to research on the internet the best place for kochi.
The first place that came up was the Two Ladies Kitchen.I have read some of the reviews and once in Hilo we decided to give it a try.
The place it is really small inside and warm. The staff which I believe is all part of the family business is very friendly and accommodating. We order the most popular ones, Strawberries, Graps and Peanuts. We had to wait for approximately 10 minutes and there was only a few people ahead of me. I could not understand why I had to wait but believe that the reason is that they were making it to order!!!!!!!
As you can see from the picture they look delicious. They are the best mochi that I ever had. The texture of the dough was like eating velvet and the combination with fresh fruit like strawberry and grape was delicious they are worth it. Truly since I have been back to NEW YORK I have been trying to find a mochi that can compare without any luck.

KUDOS to you TWO LADIES KITCHEN....

Visited March 2013

Springfield, Illinois
“I was in town for a wedding.this was an amazing stop i went here with a friend who is a hawwian native he is well know in this c”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a wedding.this was an amazing stop i went here with a friend who is a hawwian native he is well know in this communty they gave us extra treats

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank cowboytravler
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Must try mochi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Their strawberry mochi is the best. It is made fresh and so delicious! The thin layer of chocolate covering the strawberry was just heavenly in this mochi. They have other types of mochi that are all very tasty. They are not just tasty, they are visually very pretty too. We always stop by the Two Ladies Kitchen whenever we are in Hilo.

They have the best mochi around.

• Visited January 2013
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Don't Know Mochi? You Will Love it Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Go there every time we are in Hilo. Their creativity is only exceeded by the quality. Be sure to try the strawberry mochi. A fresh island strawberry surrounded by an and mochi.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Mochi!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I just HAD to make a stop here. One of my dog's name is "Mochi" haha.

Anyway, yes of course we had to try the famous strawberry mochi. OMG, that thing is HUGE and heavy. MMMM so soft with a humongous strawberry & red bean in the center. It's so soft that you don't even half to chew. haha. Halfway through, I didn't think I could finish the whole thing. Mochi overdose... I'm gonna be sick... lol
My husband liked it as well.

We also got an assortment box.
OOH, they have chocolate filled mochi and peanut butter filled ones too... yum yum!

• Visited May 2012