“The best Mochi ever!”

Kihei, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Mochi ever!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a treat! This small store front wouldn't be noticed by most, but inside is the best mochi we've ever had. Try the fresh strawberry mochi when in season.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jessica T

Seattle, Washington
“My 2 favorites: Peanut Butter Mochi and Strawberry Mochi”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I saw the reviews on this website and knew this would be a great place to get a snack; a little expensive but well worth it.

My family bought a box set with a variety of mochi and then a box of 6 strawberry. I think it came out to a little over $20

I loved the peanut butter mochi in the variety box. It is very soft on the outside and with a little bit of crunch in the inside.

Then we waited a bit for strawberry because it was still being made. There is a whole strawberry inside. As you bite through the rice layer, then I think it was chocolate, and finally the strawberry. It was BETTER then chocolate dipped strawberries. The mochi was still warm.

We immediately ate the strawberry mochi in our rental car parked because it was so fresh!!!

I would go back again just for fresh strawberry mochi

Pahoa, Hawaii
“Creativity of Two Ladies”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

These two ladies have taken creative deserts to a new level and it is just plain fun to go int and smell and look around the different sweets...

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful to eat; great to give as gifts.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to this place based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. They were right on about the delicious mochi. Had to have the strawberry ones. I thought I was going to eat some of the boxed mochi assortments and manju, but my husband gave them for gifts before I got to eat any. Some reviewers mentioned getting there early to beat the crowds or ordering ahead. We went in the late afternoon and there were only a few people picking up orders and they had a whole tray of the strawberry mochi refrigerated in the back. Maybe it depends on the time of year.

We will definitely go back again, and I will hide a box for myself!

1 Thank Maryw8
Dallas, Texas
“Simply delicious!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We pre-ordered a box of strawberry mochi. It's wonderfully delicious.
I love the mochi texture, the not-over-sweet azuki bean paste, and the fresh strawberry. Each mochi is handcrafted with care. If you refrigerate it well, the mochi will last for 2-3 days.
They have varieties of mochi that we didn't get to try.
A box of strawberry mochi (6) can cost you about $18++ but it's really worth it.

1 Thank 12Coffee