“Hidden Gem with AMAZING ice cream”
Review of Hilo Homemade Ice Cream - CLOSED

Hilo Homemade Ice Cream
iflyalotornot
“Hidden Gem with AMAZING ice cream”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Freaking amazing ice cream.

Not your typical ice cream joint. Kinda out of the way, Meaning out of the touristy area, which I love. Wasn't sure if my smart phone was taking me to the right place but I put my trust in Siri a d glad I did.

Cool little hipster place with a dozen or so flavours of ice cream. The ones I settled on, Lilikoi Cheesecake and Ginger.

You can sit in the back where we discovered a tropical garden and enjoyed our ice cream as well as amazing tropical flowering trees and flowers.

This place is a hidden gem and worth the trip. I'll be back!!

Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great ice cream”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I loved the macadamia nut ice cream and the fresh lilikoi berry. I tried many flavors and was never disappointed!

Visited April 2014
Carleton, Michigan, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were told not to get ice cream on the islands because of the cost but this was totally worth it! My son had the coffee ice cream which was made with fresh local coffee beans. He said it was amazing. I had mac nut, which was also amazing, and my husband had pineapple, which he loved. Great place to take a break and just enjoy!

Visited April 2014
“Best Ice Cream in Hawaii...most reasonably priced also”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had the Salted caramel mac nut, Kona coffee, Mud pie, Tahitian Vanilla. All four were delicious. Best ice cream we had in Hawaii...and we like ice cream. We wandered around the garden in the back while we enjoyed our ice cream.

• Visited May 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best Ice cream ever”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stopped here for icecream and it was the best ever. I had the chocolate macadamia nut fantastic. All the flavors we sampled were great. After getting our ice cream we went out back and enjoyed the beautiful garden area.

• Visited May 2014