“The Ginger Ice Cream is to Die for!”
Review of Hilo Homemade Ice Cream - CLOSED

Hilo Homemade Ice Cream
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I'm not as much an ice cream lover as my husband but we gave this place a try and was not disappointed. The ginger ice cream is so soothing and creamy. The double chocolate is yummy too. My husband didn't appreciate the haupia because he prefers it smooth with out of the pieces of coconut in it. The first time we went our portions were nice but the second time a ditsy girl did a scoop, ( which by the way costs $3.75 ) the size of a golf ball! No kidding! When you get your ice cream take a wonderful stroll in the back in their rain garden. Sheer delight!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very good, unique flavors of ice cream, like ginger and coconut. I recommend a visit. Check out the great garden in the back.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had a pineapple cream,my husband had a lichi sharbat.
Mine was ok,his sharbat was so fresh and fruity.I usually do not eat any sharbat but this was different. I liked it very much.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The ice cream at Hilo Home Made Ice Cream is AMAZING!!! We just had to taste all of the exotic flavors in the box!!! It was almost impossible to choose, but I chose two delightful flavors to enjoy. The Kona and Cookies left me in awe and the Salted Macadamia Nut was insane!!! My husband went back for seconds on that one!! Every flavor had some delicious twist. I believe I'm happy this place is in Hawaii and NOT close to home...kinda!!! Great ice cream, friendly service, and economical prices!!! Stop in and enjoy...you won't regret it!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

When in a warm climate a cool treat of the dairy sort is especially welcome. In Hilo the usual stuff is soft serve offered at drive ups, cheap but not memorable. Found this spot after a morning of errands so we indulged before lunch. Cousin had the dragon fruit and I got mango lychee -- these are ice cream flavors -- and I guarantee the flavors were authentic. Single scoops were pricey but they were multiple scoops. I took home a pint of lilikoi (passion fruit) to prolong the happiness. Definitely worth venturing here after Richardson's or Onekahakaha swimming or picnicking. Comparable to Maui Roselani ice cream found in grocery stores. Remember to go after 11:00 am to be sure they're open, or better yet check hours before going!