“GREAT EXOTIC ICE CREAM!!”
Review of Hilo Homemade Ice Cream - CLOSED

Hilo Homemade Ice Cream
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just great ice cream and a variety if exotic flavors an great place to stop with the kiddies after swimming at Onekahakaha

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We ordered shaved ice with ice cream on the bottom. The shaved ice felt more tightly packed like a snow cone instead of light and fluffy. The flavors were good and so was the ice cream. Not the best shaved ice I have ever had but it was refreshing. We also walked around the camp ground and gardens in the back and that was cool. There is also a hostel attached to the same building.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

So I had driven by it a few dozen times. The immediate area looked kind of seedy so I avoided it. Trip advisor said it was good so I like ice cream and tried it. When two girls were in front of us they tasted every ice cream in the place while we were obviously waiting to order. The clerk made us wait - a mistake- the ice cream was good but not worth waiting FOR A CLERK WHO COULD OF SERVED US WHILE THE OTHER GIRLS ATE AND DECIDED ON THEIR SAMPLES.

1  Thank surferboyVA
Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a treat! Delicious ice cream! Interesting flavors. A hidden garden where you can wander and enjoy the flowers. Worth the visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is AWESOME. My husband and I came here after a morning at the beach and it was one of the best places we stopped on our trip. Their homemade Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream was the best ice cream I've ever tasted. I wanted to be a little more native, so I got their Dragon Fruit ice cream, which was more like a sorbet but also very excellent, but I couldn't stop eating his because it was just that good. They let us sample anything we wanted because they know their flavors are a little out of the usual spectrum and the workers were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about their products. And the gardens are awesome. You exit the back and there are couches and benches to sit on near the building otherwise you can wander through the garden and you can even camp there! It's an absolute must if you're in Hilo.