“Sweet treats”

Moonstruck Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Hilo
Description: Moonstruck Patisserie is a bakery specializing in European pastries and desserts. Breakfast features a full line of croissants, quiche, rock buns, French press coffee and a full line of loose teas. Moonstruck also features Hilo's finest desserts - custom European style cakes and cheesecakes. Our customers also rave about our iced coffee and ginger peach tea.
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Sweet treats”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This little bakery has very limited hours but the desserts, while a small selection, are unbelievable. Enjoy a French press coffee and a lilikoi dessert after a stroll around downtown Hilo.

1 Thank Tiffane

Fort McMurray, Canada
“Classic well done desserts. Best in Hilo”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's been so long since I've had a really delicious classic chocolate cake. Me and my husband stopped in at Moon struck patisserie as they were highly rated on trip advisor. I found them a bit pricey at first but you certainly get what you pay for. I ordered the chocolate cake which was sold under a fancier name (chocolate ganache perhaps? I don't quite recall) but what I found was a deliciously moist chocolate cake that left nothing to be desired. It satisfied my chocolate craving with it's sinful gooey layers, that I savored and then washed down with a delicious iced coffee. My husband had a lemon cheesecake that was also very tasty. If you have a sweet craving you have to try this place.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank ChristinaZurita
“Don't miss this gem”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We only went once on our honeymoon, but had an absolutely delicious chocolate something or other pastry that was mouthwatering. If you are in the neighborhood, don't miss it.

• Visited June 2013
Hilo, Hawaii
“"The Best Of Hilo"”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am a 58-year-old, born and raised in Hilo, Hawaii. I have never been a fan of confections or pastries, until I discovered Moonstruck Patisserie. Owner/Creator, Jackie, has managed to open a whole new door for me into her world of exquisite and delectable creations. Reminiscent of the movie “Chocolat” with Johnny Depp, where a chocolatier and her young daughter move into a lonely, desolate European town and transform all of it’s occupants into joyous, passionate people through the “magic” infused in her chocolate confections, Jackie has brought new meaning and depth to the joy of eating creations that are delicate and truly memorable.

Using the finest and freshest ingredients, she conjures up delicious “must-haves” that are savory, delicious and never “too sweet.” During the holiday season, she creates “one-of-a-kind’ treats that everyone will surely enjoy. Her “Yule Log” and unique “fruit cake” ( something I refused to eat in the past) is to die for! You must take a trip to Moonstruck Patisserie and allow Jackie to work her “magic” on you too!

2 Thank Karen S
Denton, TX
“NOW I Understand!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was having a really hard time understanding how a dessert place could earn the #1 spot in the Hilo restaurant category - that is until we went there. NOW I understand. During the course of more trips here than I should admit to, my wife and I sampled many of their goodies. Try as we might, we finally concluded that it was simply not possible to select a "favorite". Everything was a favorite.
Tip: They are open only on Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat so don't be disappointed by arriving on any other day in the hope of satisfying a craving.

3 Thank Tupelo010835