“"The Best Of Hilo"”

Moonstruck Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Hilo
Description: Moonstruck Patisserie is a bakery specializing in European pastries and desserts. Breakfast features a full line of croissants, quiche, rock buns, French press coffee and a full line of loose teas. Moonstruck also features Hilo's finest desserts - custom European style cakes and cheesecakes. Our customers also rave about our iced coffee and ginger peach tea.
Hilo, Hawaii
“"The Best Of Hilo"”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am a 58-year-old, born and raised in Hilo, Hawaii. I have never been a fan of confections or pastries, until I discovered Moonstruck Patisserie. Owner/Creator, Jackie, has managed to open a whole new door for me into her world of exquisite and delectable creations. Reminiscent of the movie “Chocolat” with Johnny Depp, where a chocolatier and her young daughter move into a lonely, desolate European town and transform all of it’s occupants into joyous, passionate people through the “magic” infused in her chocolate confections, Jackie has brought new meaning and depth to the joy of eating creations that are delicate and truly memorable.

Using the finest and freshest ingredients, she conjures up delicious “must-haves” that are savory, delicious and never “too sweet.” During the holiday season, she creates “one-of-a-kind’ treats that everyone will surely enjoy. Her “Yule Log” and unique “fruit cake” ( something I refused to eat in the past) is to die for! You must take a trip to Moonstruck Patisserie and allow Jackie to work her “magic” on you too!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Karen S

Denton, TX
“NOW I Understand!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was having a really hard time understanding how a dessert place could earn the #1 spot in the Hilo restaurant category - that is until we went there. NOW I understand. During the course of more trips here than I should admit to, my wife and I sampled many of their goodies. Try as we might, we finally concluded that it was simply not possible to select a "favorite". Everything was a favorite.
Tip: They are open only on Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat so don't be disappointed by arriving on any other day in the hope of satisfying a craving.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Tupelo010835
Tehachapi
“Was craving a chocolate croissant”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Even though none of our favorites were available at 2 PM on a Saturday (I was bummed when I was told we could have reserved items the night before) the citrus serenade was really tasty, the tarts tasty, and that chocolate chip brownie square was gooey good!

• Visited June 2013
Lahaina
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having grown up in Hilo and now living somewhere else it is always a tradition to walk the downtown area whenever I have the chance to visit the old stomping grounds. Stumbled upon this Patisserie on a recent visit and picked up a croissant to fuel the stroll. After one block I found myself back for more and managed an eight block walk with a smile on my face. Moonstruck has pastry creations that you wold more likely see in major metros but they're available in sleepy downtown Hilo! What a wonderful addition to the Hilo dining landscape.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Scott K
maryland, usa
“Hilo's happening here!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Here is a new and delightful addition to the cuisine of Hilo---it's Moonstruck Patisserie! Lots of pastries, cakes and delicious concoctions to choose from. It's a great place to stop for a little treat. Seriously--don't miss it.

Visited May 2013