“Excellent!”

Moonstruck Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Hilo
Description: Moonstruck Patisserie is a bakery specializing in European pastries and desserts. Breakfast features a full line of croissants, quiche, rock buns, French press coffee and a full line of loose teas. Moonstruck also features Hilo's finest desserts - custom European style cakes and cheesecakes. Our customers also rave about our iced coffee and ginger peach tea.
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were on a tour and had a little time to ourselves, and we literally fell upon this small shop when walking around Hilo. It was 8AM and Jackie the owner opened a few minutes early for us and another couple. The coffee was excellent and my wife and I split both a Quiche and also a cinnamon-banana-and I forget the other ingredients pastry. Both were excellent. My Mother In Law is an excellent cook, and makes 'world famous' pies (well famous in her neighborhood at least). The quiche crust was superb and my wife even said it might even be better than her mothers. The pastry was top-notch too and like I said the coffee was well above average. There were even some locals who were sauntering in right after opening to get their 'regular' orders, so it must be one of those 'go to' places on the Big Island. My wife and I were just happy that we came upon it and the service and food were both excellent, and in fact for the rest of the day we could not stop talking about how good the food was!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Keith R

“Great pastries”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Croissants, plain and filled, quiches, anything they make is delicious.

Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Best bakery on the big island, lots of selection!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I went with a friend of ours who lives on the big island to this bakery. We ordered many things because we wanted to try it all and also have something to eat on our drive to Kona.

The pastries were amazing and I'm not that much of a pastry guy. I bought their curry puff pastry and it tasted soo good. I'm not sure what was inside it, but it had a lot of flavor and was surprisingly filling.

We also bought a few pastries with chocolate inside and those were delicious as well.

Prices were affordable for big island standards.

My recommendation would be to go here when they open, as they have a limited quantity of each type of pastry and when they run out, they run out!

And, as you eat your pastries, you can walk around downtown hilo and see some of the other local shops!.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank MJ0527
Hilo, Hawaii
“This is the place for fancy pastries and cakes”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

world class
have I said that about any other Hawaii Island offering? maybe. There is some of that, extra fine amazing food and drink offered here.

Jackie's pastries come from the hand and imagination of a very fine chef. Whether it is a small snack you are after to answer the demands of your sweet tooth, or throwing a major party and need a perfect dessert, this is the place.

Visited October 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bakery in Big island”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Everything is very very good. Croissant is excellent! Cakes are also very good.

1 Thank Vinnyaina