“Food was good”

Tina's Garden Gourmet Cafe
Ranked #30 of 243 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is always good to ask local residents where they would eat. What a treasure. Organic good food, homemade and prepared from scratch.
Woodbine, Maryland
“Food was good”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The dining area lacked ambiance sort of junky looking, the service was just okay. The food was good, we order a shrimp quesadilla, very large portion, filled with sweet potatoes, pineapple, it was different, but good. We also had the black bean fish, moist and flavorful. Everything tasted fresh.

• Visited September 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fresh and delicious.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Tina, the owner, uses indgredients from her garden to make delicious food. My wife, Tai, who is a Thai states that Tina's food is soooo good. I had one of Tina's unique Thai pizza dishes and could not believe how good it was. You can tell by the taste that all the indrediients are truely fresh from her garden.

• Visited September 2012
Randwick, Australia
“Amazingly delicious Thai home cooking”
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of the Tourist Information office. It was one of nicest meals we had while traveling in Hawaii.
We ordered the Pineapple Curry and a Tom Kha with chicken. The soup was huge and enough to feed all 5 of us (2 adults, 3 children). Make sure you try the delicious smoothies.
Service was lovely and very attentive. Thanks!

Keaau, Hawaii
“Flavors that stand out from other restaurants”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Sometimes it's the hole-in-the-wall that surprises you. This restaurant has a different menu on Thursday through Sunday, a hot pot menu, that I felt was completely uninspired. But, we went back almost a year later to try the full menu and we were happily surprised. The salad was off the chain good. I had the special fish "pizza" which is really more of a crepe. They should consider changing the name to crepe, as they might get more people to try them. I was not enthralled with it because I don't really like pineapple with my fish, but that is a matter of personal taste. I thought it was good all the same. I stopped eating it and finished my meal with the starter salad and was completely satisfied. I did think it was a bit pricey, even for Hilo's Bayfront.

• Visited April 2012
Moab, Utah
“Most Inspired Thai Delicacies”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

What a find! Tucked into a cubbyhole in downtown Hilo, this intimate little cafe offers endless tempting offerings, including Thai pizza! We were awed by all the original creations presented. The local fish is marvelous. The coconut-pumpkin soup is the most delicious we've ever had. Tina herself delivered our order. The ingredients are fresh, organic, and local. Service is prompt, friendly and helpful. The extensive menu will take several return trips to explore. Some entrees are pricey but the portions are enormous, and the quality gourmet indeed, so worth every penny. We highly recommend this little gem.

• Visited February 2012