“Gourmet cream puffs in Hilo Hawaii”
Review of Puff City - CLOSED

Puff City
Cuisines: American
Description: Puff City is a bakery/restaurant in Hilo HI offering the most unique and delicious desserts imaginable, including November's special, Roasted Kabocha (local pumpkin) mousse with a cinnamon/white chocolate ganache and Cranberry mousse dusted with powdered sugar. Of course they have the usual chocolate cream with white chocolate ganache cream puff, and liliko'i cream filling with coconut frosting. They also have sandwiches (they bake their own bread) and will do cakes to order. Every month they do fundraisers for East Hawai'i charities. They're located right in downtown Hilo, with easy parking. I think they're the most wonderful bakery in America and think you should list them.
Pahoa Hawaii
“Gourmet cream puffs in Hilo Hawaii”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

As good cream puffs as we have ever eaten. Made with fresh, local ingredients.

Visited May 2012

“wow- French master pastry chef in HILO!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Popped in for a mid afternoon banana puff and was an instant addict, went back 5 days later for 16 cream puffs. Unbelievably light and delicious with a variety of imaginative fillings ranging from plain cream, mocha, chocolate, chocolate with hot pepper, banana, vanilla custard, liliko'i, guava.... and custom experiments!
Although my family tried only the cream puffs and macaroons, the patisserie also offers custom cakes, scones, muffins, bread- sandwiches and soup.
The delicious offerings often sell out by early afternoon, so call ahead if you want to order something special or quantity, and check for the shops' limited business hours. I wish I had photos to share!! There's something special about a chocolate and whip cream nose with a BIG smile underneath!!

• Visited April 2012
Sydney
“Such short opening hours, how do they do business?”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Puff City is only open from 10am to 2pm so you have to be quick. After our first visit we were too late after spending too much time doing the volcanos and waterfalls. I wanted to try all the different flavours but only had the passionfruit one (their best seller they say). It was really good but everytime we tried to go back for the coffee or chocolate flavoured ones we were too late. We read about Puff City in theHawaiian Airlines magazine. If you go try the coffee o e and tell me how good it is.

Visited March 2012
Alameda, California
“Puff City should be renamed Yum Yum City!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm not normally a sweets eater, but there's something to be said about not missing a thing while on vacation. And they had me at liliquoi cream puffs. Seriously. I have a thing for liliquoi.

Imagine my dismay and horror to walk in and find out the puff I'd come for were sold out! The look on my face must have said it all because the staff kindly pointed out the trumpet pastries waiting to be filled with cream, and let me know they had the right crem. I bought the three remaining trumpets, a coconut cream puff, and a vanilla cream puff. They were all fabulous! I'm hooked!

Hilo, Hawaii
“It's all about the cream puffs”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This place totally deserves more reviews and more attention. The only reason I gave it a "very good" instead of an "excellent" is that superior cream puffs like these deserve to be served ultra fresh, as in out of the oven and into your mouth. Refrigeration hardens and toughens the delicate puffs. I fully understand that with the limited foot traffic and high humidity of Hilo this isn't going to work for them from a business point of view.

I have tried most of their flavors now, and they are all amazing. The location is away from the bay front - but not so out of the way you cannot take a stroll over that way when in town. There is a cute little shop in the same black - maybe next door - where you can get darling keiki clothes too.

Go early as they sell out.

Visited October 2011