“Puff City should be renamed Yum Yum City!”
Review of Puff City - CLOSED

Puff City
Cuisines: American
Description: Puff City is a bakery/restaurant in Hilo HI offering the most unique and delicious desserts imaginable, including November's special, Roasted Kabocha (local pumpkin) mousse with a cinnamon/white chocolate ganache and Cranberry mousse dusted with powdered sugar. Of course they have the usual chocolate cream with white chocolate ganache cream puff, and liliko'i cream filling with coconut frosting. They also have sandwiches (they bake their own bread) and will do cakes to order. Every month they do fundraisers for East Hawai'i charities. They're located right in downtown Hilo, with easy parking. I think they're the most wonderful bakery in America and think you should list them.
Alameda, California
“Puff City should be renamed Yum Yum City!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm not normally a sweets eater, but there's something to be said about not missing a thing while on vacation. And they had me at liliquoi cream puffs. Seriously. I have a thing for liliquoi.

Imagine my dismay and horror to walk in and find out the puff I'd come for were sold out! The look on my face must have said it all because the staff kindly pointed out the trumpet pastries waiting to be filled with cream, and let me know they had the right crem. I bought the three remaining trumpets, a coconut cream puff, and a vanilla cream puff. They were all fabulous! I'm hooked!

Hilo, Hawaii
“It's all about the cream puffs”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This place totally deserves more reviews and more attention. The only reason I gave it a "very good" instead of an "excellent" is that superior cream puffs like these deserve to be served ultra fresh, as in out of the oven and into your mouth. Refrigeration hardens and toughens the delicate puffs. I fully understand that with the limited foot traffic and high humidity of Hilo this isn't going to work for them from a business point of view.

I have tried most of their flavors now, and they are all amazing. The location is away from the bay front - but not so out of the way you cannot take a stroll over that way when in town. There is a cute little shop in the same black - maybe next door - where you can get darling keiki clothes too.

Go early as they sell out.

Visited October 2011
Vienna, VA
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I husband and I stopped in here before heading to the Hilo farmers market on a Saturday. We had no idea which ones to get so we got a sampler box and some coffee and sat outside the restaurant and dug in. They were so light and airy. The fillings were amazing, my favorite being the Lilikoi creme. Simply delightful!

• Visited July 2011
Hilo, Hawaii
“Puff City has amazing deserts and treats!”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I've been to Puff City many times mostly for a solitary cream puff when my sweet tooth kicks in but also to pick up boxes of treats for my workplace. Everything I have ever tasted there is delicious! The cream puffs are light and perfect and my other favorites are the lime-coconut bars and the lilikoi bars. One of the coolest things is that there is different things everytime I go there, including new flavors of cream puffs.
Puff City also does delicious and beautiful cakes as special orders - I have had 2 of them and both were wonderful!
Lastly, the location is great - downtown Hilo only a 2 block walk from the farmer's market.

“World's Best Cream Puffs”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Puff City is a little gem of a bakery/restaurant. Just around the corner from the Farmer's Market, Puff City offers a dazzling array of regular-sized and mini puffs filled with things like liliko'i (passionfruit), mango, lemon, and chocolate cream and topped with delicious, smooth ganache. Owner Francine Morales McCully, who does all her own baking, is constantly inventing new flavors. Puff City also serves sandwiches and gourmet hot dogs. Every month Fran has a special and donates the proceeds to an East Hawaii food bank or charity, and for holidays she has special decorate-it-yourself cookies (e.g. flowers and Easter eggs for Easter), a special treat for the kiddies. Fran also designs special-order cakes for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries. But once you have one of her cream puffs, you'll be hooked.

2 Thank Mailirou