“Yummy yummy yummy! Great Thai food on Kalakaua Avenue in Hilo!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moon and Turtle

Moon and Turtle
Ranked #9 of 228 Restaurants in Hilo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We feature a frequently changing international menu with a pacific emphasis and focus on locally sourced ingredients.
Hilo, Hawaii
“Yummy yummy yummy! Great Thai food on Kalakaua Avenue in Hilo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love Thai, but need mild, and my order came just right! I tried the Red Curry with brown rice (about $11) and had an appetizer of Summer Rolls with Shrimp (about $9). Flavors were very good! I can't say too many good things about this nice clean restaurant that is actually staffed with people from Thailand! My waitress was very polite and provided excellent service. I'll be back!

Visited September 2012

SF Bay Area
“Tasty & spicy Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our family had dinner here after visiting the various waterfalls. The staff were very friendly, but I think there may have been a miscommunication at some point since our salad came out so spicy that I could barely eat it ... this after having gone to Thailand. I was a bit afraid to try my dinner, but it was fine. I think it was good, but my taste buds were a bit numb ... Just be careful when you order.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Wonderful predominantly Thai influenced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Small, charming, delicious, reasonable
and they serve breakfast too !!!
Light music some nights @ dinner, always very good and does not interfere w/ table talk
I try to dine there 1 time per week when on the big island
Eggplant spicy is stellar !

Nikiski, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small Asian Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Awesome food, service and beautiful wood interior. Great resturante to park and take a stroll through Hilo, Hawaii and stop for dinner. If you like curry you wont be dissappointed. O yea theres a nice bar too.

Hilo, Hawaii
“The best Thai food in Hilo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have tried several Thai restaurants in Hilo an none of them compare to Full Moon Cafe! The food is always fresh and they use a lot of local ingredients! My favorite is the green curry and the coconut soup! The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service is great!