“Tasty & spicy Thai”

Ranked #7 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We feature a frequently changing international menu with a pacific emphasis and focus on locally sourced ingredients.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our family had dinner here after visiting the various waterfalls. The staff were very friendly, but I think there may have been a miscommunication at some point since our salad came out so spicy that I could barely eat it ... this after having gone to Thailand. I was a bit afraid to try my dinner, but it was fine. I think it was good, but my taste buds were a bit numb ... Just be careful when you order.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Small, charming, delicious, reasonable
and they serve breakfast too !!!
Light music some nights @ dinner, always very good and does not interfere w/ table talk
I try to dine there 1 time per week when on the big island
Eggplant spicy is stellar !

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Awesome food, service and beautiful wood interior. Great resturante to park and take a stroll through Hilo, Hawaii and stop for dinner. If you like curry you wont be dissappointed. O yea theres a nice bar too.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have tried several Thai restaurants in Hilo an none of them compare to Full Moon Cafe! The food is always fresh and they use a lot of local ingredients! My favorite is the green curry and the coconut soup! The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service is great!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant, from the décor to the service to the food, everything is just impeccable! Even its location is perfect: right in the heart of historic Hilo downtown, near the Palace Theater, movie, museum, and bayfront shopping. We like the clean contemporary look of the restaurant, along with the warm lighting and lush green tropical plants everywhere. My partner and I have eaten here several times. The food is always fresh, healthy (no MSG!) and skillfully prepared. Our all-time favorite is the steamed Hawaiian snapper opakapaka in black bean sauce ($14.95). The fish is very mild, succulent and goes well with the spicy black bean sauce, ginger and green onion. Steamed red bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, and kabocha squash complete this absolutely delicious dish! We usually pair this dish with brown rice. Another favorite is the Chicken Rama ($10.95) with tender pieces of chicken in tangy peanut curry sauce, served over crunchy Thai water spinach. We highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant to everyone!
Tips: Must try the Thai Iced Tea ($2) but ask for coconut milk instead of the half & half dairy. And don’t forget to try the homemade chocolate ice cream topped with warm vanilla tapioca and fresh strawberry ($6). You might experience a “food orgasm” with this fantastic dessert!!!

1  Thank punacoast