“Great time and Great Day”
Review of C Big Island Tours

and up
Hilo Shore Excursion: Exclusive Volcanoes National Park and Rainbow Falls
Ranked #10 of 43 Tours in Hilo
More attraction details
Owner description: C Big Island offers exclusive land tours and Shore Excursions on the Big Island of Hawaii. Tours such as lava viewing on Kilauea volcano, Mauna Kea Summit, waterfalls in the rainforest,and Volcanoes National Park.All tours are done SUV,Eco style vehicles or 11-15 pas van. We DO NOT operate buses. We depart daily from Kona and Hilo. CRUISE SHIP CUSTOMERS - we have permits to pick you up directly from the pier and work with the cruise ships weekly. We would love to show you the Big Island....Give us a call!
Fresno, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time and Great Day”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We can not say enough good things about C Big Islands Tours! Chapo drove over to Waikoloa Hilton and picked my husband and I up. As we drove back to the Hilo side for our Rainbow Falls tour, Macadamia farm tour and twilight volcano tour he gave us a personalized tour of the whole area. It was so interesting and enjoyable to hear how he grew up on the island. We were just amazed how knowledge he was! He made sure we were having a good time and never rushed us. He made sure we came home with some awesome night pictures of the volcano. Thank you so much Chapo! We wish you and all your family good luck with all your future endeavors.

Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An unforgettable experience-highly recommended”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friend and I visited Hawaii in January 2013. Whilst on the Big Island, we wanted to experience both Kona and Hilo. Whilst on the Kona side of the island, I rang the Hilo Hotel we were going to be staying at to get more information from the concierge about tours of the island. I spoke to a extremely helpful lady called Jojo. She recommended C Big Island Tours. I spoke to Junior who works for the company and booked both the waterfall tour and the volcano tour. We were picked up by our guide Chapo from our hotel in Kona. Surprisingly, there was no additional charges to be picked up from Kona for tours around Hilo. This allowed us to take all our luggage with us as were were the only ones on the waterfall tour. Chapo was completely awesome. Extremely down to earth and with an excellent sense of humour. We initially had the waterfall tour and were told about all the sites, history as well about all the amazing plants we saw. Chapo made us feel part of his family for the day and we discovered that Jojo was his fiance and Junior his cousin! Not only did we see all the touristy places but we got to learn about how Hawaiians live from Chapo. He looked after us with complete sincerity ensuring we were comfortable throughout. There was plenty of food and beverages on our tours which were all complimentary! For the evening volcano tour, we had several other people join us. Chapo continued to be attentive to our needs and although it had been a long day for him, his enthusiasm did not waiver even at the end. His humour continued to entertain us and the whole experience was unforgettable because of him. The whole tour was above and beyond our expectations, and if I ever have the good fortune of going back to Hawaii, I would definitely take another tour with the company. Thank you Chapo, Jojo and Junior for making our trip and experience so unforgettable. I hope you go from strength to strength as your hard work and sincerity deserve recognition. Keep up the good work!

Visited January 2013
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so very much for the great review. we are so fortunate to have such wonderful customers. It really helps us out thanks from a lot us at C bIg Island.
Atlanta, Georgia
“C Big Island Tour - GREAT experience!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family and I booked an excursion through C Big Island Tours, and we couldn't have been happier. Chapo (Rett) gave us an excellent, detailed tour, and showed us parts of the Big Island that we wouldn't have found on our own. He even worked in time to explain details about parts of the island I had read about. He answered all of our questions (we had a lot!), and was very knowledgeable about the island. I would book another tour through C Big Island Tour in a heartbeat! I'm definitely planning on booking another tour with them the next time I'm in Hawaii!

Visited January 2013
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
“An experience you would get no where else in the world!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was very impressed with the organisation and running of the tour. The couple that it was booked through helped tailor the tour to our needs.

Our guide Chapo was extremely passionate and informative about the volcano on the twilight tour. It was nice to meet someone that was down to earth who could also have a laugh.

I have already recommended the tour to my cousin who will be going to The Big Island for his honey moon later on in the year.

Visited April 2013
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for the warm compliments. Its so greatly appreciated. I told your guide about his last reviews. He loves to hear them. Puts him on the right track making sure he is doing a good job.
“Absolutely fantastic and worth every penny!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I had an unforgettable experience in Hawaii with C Big Island Tours. I took the twilight volcanoes tour and waterfalls journey with Chapo as guide. Chapo was funny, knowledgeable and went out of his way to ensure that each person was comfortable and enjoying themselves. If you're travelling on the Big Island, taking a tour with C Big Island Tours is a must!

Visited April 2013
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for the warm compliments. Its so greatly appreciated.