“Saw the Stars!”

$129.00*
Big Island Hike to Molten Lava
Ranked #10 of 43 Tours in Hilo
More attraction details
Owner description: C Big Island offers exclusive land tours and Shore Excursions on the Big Island of Hawaii. Tours such as lava viewing on Kilauea volcano, Mauna Kea Summit, waterfalls in the rainforest,and Volcanoes National Park.All tours are done SUV,Eco style vehicles or 11-15 pas van. We DO NOT operate buses. We depart daily from Kona and Hilo. CRUISE SHIP CUSTOMERS - we have permits to pick you up directly from the pier and work with the cruise ships weekly. We would love to show you the Big Island....Give us a call!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Saw the Stars!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Chapo and his brother picked us up from Kona and drove us all the way up to the top of Mauna Loa for 7 hour round trip adventure. Chapo was extremely helpful answering questions on the way and provided us with hot beverages and some instant noodles to warm us up at 11,000ft elevation. Chapo has a laser to point out the stars and a tablet that showed side by side comparsions to artistic renditions of the constellations. In addtion we stopped at two large lava tubes to walk around in which was an added bonus.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Dreyco676
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
It's so exciting knowing that everyone has really enjoyed Mauna Loa . We have really had some great nights up there with the stars. Thanks for the warm compliments and the boys ( guides) go crazy and love to hear good reviews. It keeps them going strong. Thankyou

Sherman Oaks, CA
“See the Volcano with C-Big Island Tours”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my first time on the Big island. My friend and I along with another couple were picked up promptly at our hotel in Hilo. we were accompanied by a knowledgable and a friendly tour guide named Rett. After he got to know everyone in our group, he started to tells us about the Island. In addition to the waterfalls, Volcanic scenes, lava tubes and the crater during the day- light and at night, he was able to answer any questions we had. He made the tour more interesting by explaing different facts about the sites we were at. We all had a great time and took some nice pictures. I highly recommend this tour. and get Rett. :)

Visited December 2012
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Aloha there, thanks for the great review!! Also you posted some great photos. I really like the one of the lava tube. I havent seen a photo like that of inside the the tube before. Come see us again sometime :)
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a wonderful young guide named Chapo who was very entertaining, caring and extremely knowledgable about the island. We went to see the star gazing at the volcano and were kept warm with hot chocolate, noodles and jackets he brought. The whole experience was unforgettable and very educational.

cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thats great to hear you liked our new Mauna Loa tour! We definatly have some beautiful stars up there and the Volcano is always a must. We really appreciate your review. It really helps our company.
Hilo, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Complete rip off”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I agree 100% with the only other terrible review on this page! We paid 400 dollars between me and my wife for all day volcano tour. We were taken to the volcano state park and pretty much left to do the walking around on our own. Our tour guide, although a very nice man, had nothing to add to whatever information we gained about the sites from reading the posted signs. They offered nothing to what I could have done by just driving my own rental care to the volcano national park. Yes this is a large family business including cousins, uncles, brothers and yes most of the reviews appear to have been written by their own. Save your money and choose a knowledgable guide tour or drive your own car there. Don't pay this large sum of money just to be driven around in a van.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank hawai_travelller
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Aloha hawai_travelller, our company has made several attempts to contact you in order to fix and find out what the problem actually was. Everyone makes mistakes but we have never once left our customers to walk around on their own ......... Don’t understand why a guide would in any company do that as they are ....well the guide. I also find it hard to believe that they were not knowledgeable as all of our guides have went through Volcanoes National Parks Training with rangers.........so it’s rare that a guide wouldn’t know an answer to a question.

This tour does not include access to some of our private lands and waterfalls as it does on our other tours but you must have clearly read what you would be seeing and doing before YOU agreed to pay $400.00. We are a tour company and offer tours....you could have easily rented a car but that was your choice, not ours. Our company has NEVER.......and will NEVER write our own reviews. That would be very unprofessional and Trip Advisor will clearly not have it! Others appear to have really enjoyed what we offer.

I do believe our company went completely out of our way for you and made special arrangements that we normally DO NOT DO. Again, I know everyone makes mistakes however I strongly believe this review was uncalled for - ALOHA -
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

In November my sister and I had the opportunity to join the volcano/waterfall tour in the Hilo side of the Big Island. Being brought up in Maui, and Oahu most of my life I wasn't expecting to much at first, because I thought Hawaii had all the same scenic views, but our tour guide (Chapo) showed us all around Hilo side from Waterfalls to Volcanic scenes. It was a great experience, and scenic views that I have never been exposed to..and the tour guide was great! :)

1 Thank Shialaholland
cbig, Owner at C Big Island Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
We love to hear you enjoyed your tour and what a great compliment from a local from Hawaii. I myself have actually learned a lot from our guides and what is funny is I have even gone to places many times before and never noticed a lot of the things that where right there in front of my face. Come back to the big island when you get a chance, we would love to have you.
Mahalo!