“Great tour, good guides”
Review of Bike Volcano

and up
Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
Ranked #12 of 37 Outdoor Activities in Hilo
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Volcano provides guided bicycle tours of Kilauea Volcano, one of the world's most active volcanoes. Join Bike Volcano on an amazing guided bicycle tour of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park or Kilauea Volcano's Active Lava Flow on the Big Island of Hawaii. Bike Down an Active Volcano!!!We have two incredible guided bicycle tours of Kilauea Volcano: 1) Full Day Bike Adventure of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (10am-3pm, 15 miles); 2) Bike Volcano Summit Tour Special (10am-1pm or 12pm-3pm, 8.5miles. We will provide you with all the equipment necessary, lunch, and/or snacks, beverages, a Professional Guide, and van support. Children and Cruise Ship Passengers are welcome. We provide round trip transportation from the Port of Hilo and our tour times can be adjusted to your ship's docking time. We pick up passengers weekly from the Norwegian Cruise Ship on Tuesdays which works perfectly with the ship's docking schedule
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I went on the 10am to 1pm volcano summit bike tour on 1-17-2013 on the Big Island of Hawaii and really enjoyed it. The equipment was in excellent condition and they had good breaks which was my biggest priority. My wife decided to drive in the Van due to a earlier injury from a Kayaking tour the day before, though she missed out on the actual biking
she enjoyed the time she spent with the guide named (Pretty), while the two of them followed the bikes she gave her the volcano"s history and other interesting information on her Hawaiian customs, she also took her to a near by museum to see artifats. The bike guide Steve who has a degree in Geology was very informative and full of enthusiasm for the park and all of it"s wonders. Where else can you ride a bike on a summit of a live Volcano? we loved it and highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was looking so forward to this bike trip booked well in advance. However the company cancelled on us since there were only two of us (we had prepaid and everything). As she pointed out to us, this is their prerogative to do, but it gave us no time to book an alternative. I'd go with a different company...

2  Thank Dawn B
Renee H, Manager at Bike Volcano, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Bike Volcano offers guided bicycle tours of Kilauea Volcano seven days a week. We require a minimum of 6 participants registered to operate our tours as posted on our website. We make every effort to group parties together in order to meet our minimum participant requirement by requesting an alternative date if possible.

Customers can monitor the number of people registered for their tour date via our website's booking calendar. All registered guests are requested to contact Bike Volcano 48 hours prior to their tour date to confirm their tour. If a tour's minimum number of participants is unmet: we will attempt to reschedule their tour date to next confirmed tour date available. It is the participant's responsibility to check in with Bike Volcano to confirm their tour date as posted on our website and on the booking receipt.

In addition, all participants are required to provide a cell phone number or local hotel contact number. Guests are also sent a confirmation email when their tour date is confirmed and the payment for their tour is processed.

We encourage all of our guests to be sure to provide an accurate contact number or email when they place their reservation and confirm their tour with us if they do not receive an confirmation email. If a tour is cancelled due to a lack of the minimum required participants registered we will contact you in advance to advise you of the cancellation 48 to 24 hours prior to your tour date and refund 100% of tour payment if you pre-paid for your tour using your Paypal account.

I suspect that this customer did not contact us to confirm their tour reservation 48 hours prior to their tour date as requested or their contact information listed was incorrect. As I mentioned we make every effort to advise our registered guests in advance if the minimum required participants for a tour are unmet, group our guests together, and have a tours go out 7 days a week.

Mahalo,

Bike Volcano

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family visited Hawaii for the first time but we only had a few days on Hawaii.

My sister and I urgently wanted to do a bicycle tour. This is not for hardcore cyclists as you'll be on hybrid comfort bikes ; however, the views are spectacular to the point of being surreal.

Our guides were young and very enthusiastic and did a great job as guides. They seemed highly knowledgable.

I will definitely be coming back with my own bike.

A fantastic experience

1  Thank Jaew07
Reviewed December 18, 2012

As I love biking I thought touring the volcano by bike would be a good idea. However, I was a little bit disappointed as the biking was very limited. We where only biking very short stints at limited speeds between each stop and 95% of it was on paved roads (whereof most the main car roads), so the tour could just as well had been made in a bus or car. That said I would still prefer to do it on a bike, but I think there is potential to do the bike ride a lot more interesting in itself.

The guide was excellent though and made up for the lack of real biking. He new the places and could tell interesting stories about them in an inspiring way.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We loved our trip around Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with Bike Volcano. Our guide, Steve, was very friendly and was able to share so much about the volcanoes and park. The bike ride afforded us so many cool sights -- of the Kilauea crater, several lava pits from previous eruptions, a walk through a lava tube, and lunch over looking the Holei Sea Arch. The bikes were great (with really comfortable seats -- important when you've got a 4 hour bike ride ahead of you!) A great trip that I would recommend to anyone. I hadn't biked (other than spin classes) in years, and the hills aren't terribly challenging if you are in OK shape.

1  Thank Kate N