“Lunch”

Ranked #16 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They have a huge selection of burgers to chose from. My husband and I chose to split an 8 oz classic burger which comes with fries or a salad. We ordered the fries and a side salad for $1.50 more. They cut the burger in half and served it on two plates. The side salad was enough for both of us to share. It was good for $13.00 bill.
As for the atmosphere, it smelled like a bar and looked one too. Maybe they need to clean the carpet?

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Great burgers and service! They make a blue cheese burger salad for gluten-free people! Great beer selection including local beer and full bar. Live music was played in a Thursday night. Bartender gave us other local recs. Good local/bar atmosphere. Not too expensive! Open relatively late;) we recommend!

1  Thank deanne m
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went here because it was recommended by someone in Pahoa when we were talking about the God Awful Pizza here. So we decided to try it one day while up in Hilo. We were very surprised. The food was excellent! We upgraded our burgers to the BEST cut of beef they offerred. I got a salad with mine instead of fries and it was a HOME MADE salad with REAL home made blue cheese crumbled dressing! I was impressesd and BOTH the salad and my hamburger were delicious. I came away feeling FULL and satisfied. It cost us both about $35 including tip and you can't go to a Burger King or McDonalds and get a big enough hamburger, fries and a salad for less than $15. So to have what I consider gourmet food - it's just great! I hope this place stays around for a long time. And an additional surprise was the bathrooms were NICE and even CLEAN!!! To me that IS IMPORTANT! They also serve liquor but we were driving to Waimea so could not order drinks that day so I can't comment on their drinks. The service was great and staff very friendly and genuine! We first went a couple of months ago.
Hope more people try this place out! We are planning to go back on the 19th of Oct and meeting a friend there.
Antoinette Jackson

1  Thank islandantoinette
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I'll admit it, I don't really like hamburgers, but we went to Hilo Burger Joint to see a friend who had a guitar gig there. When we saw that we could upscale the meat in our burgers for $5 to something spectacular, locally grown grass fed beef (sorry, I forget what it is called) we did. WOW...I haven't had a burger that tasted like that since I was a child! It was positively delicious...since I don't even like hamburgers, that is saying a lot.

A great feature is that you can have any of their burgers made into a salad; I'm not fond of burger buns and I had them do that with a Caprese Burger. My partner loved his Hilo Bay Burger, and their fries are way above average. We also like that they have live local musicians. The night we went, the music was really good, but not too loud for us to talk over during our meal. They also have great local draft beers. We'll be back.

2  Thank Debby B
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Burger Joint has the pretty standard bar-and-grill atmosphere, but the burgers will rock your world. I got the Hilo Bay Burger and was not disappointed (although I added a little salt to the very-fresh beef). The beer selection includes many local brews; I opted for the Big Swell. A great meal!

2  Thank SamMP13