“Okay.”

Ranked #16 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I don't understand the reviews that say this is the best burger on the island. I had a basic burger and it wasn't very good at all. Just okay. Everyone who works there is super friendly, the service is great, and there's a decent selection of Hawaiian beers. I would absolutely go there to have a beer and watch a game on the TV but I wouldn't order a burger again. I dunno, do they just not flavor meat at ALL on this island in the burger joints?

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great burgers, grass fed and tasty fries. Great service and pricing, close to town. If you are in the mood for a burger you must go. The owner is super nice and service is fast.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stopped in for a late lunch visiting Akaka Falls, they offered bowls as an alternative to the traditional burgers on a bun...three of us choose that option, ordering the Hilo Bay, the Loco Moco, and the Peter Kim Chee burger...everyone really enjoyed their meals...can't wait to come back and try some of the other choices on the menu.

1  Thank VinoBambinos
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I got the Hilo Bay Burger and my wife got the Mushroom and Swiss Burger. Both were awesome! Cooked to a perfect pink Medium by default. If you are in Hilo and craving a burger definitely go to this restaurant!.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Just arrived in Hilo, tired after a long flight, and the town is not really what you would consider a tourist destination at first glance. Lots of fast food outlets around ... we were getting concerned that we might not find any decent food. But luckily we found the Hilo Burger Joint and we will definitely come back before we leave Hilo.

Excellent burgers, great local beer on tap, really professional and engaged staff. Lucky for us we happened in on a saturday night to some live music ... Maggie Herron ... cool jazz - mix of old school with more contemporary songs, and an excellent voice that sounds just like Annie Lennox. I'm not sure what the atmosphere will be like without the live music, but this saturday night was a lovely relaxing, calm, friendly night filled mostly with an odd mix of locals and a few toursits and we really enjoyed it.