“Lovely Window Views”
Review of Ponds

Ponds
Ranked #10 of 247 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A local restaurant with lovely views over the pond. Very pleasant atmosphere. I had fish and it was very nice. Service good. So, not your top gourmet experience, but if you want something that is not too expensive, in a pleasant atmosphere, with good food, off the 'Hilo strip' and not in the 'Hilo mall' this might be your place.

1  Thank Edna A

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Seriously, if you can't cook a sirloin steak medium rare after three attempts, take it off the menu.

3  Thank potfish
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had leg of lamb. It was like shoe leather and tasteless. I couldn't eat it. Luckily my wife had a chicken dish that I could share. I wasn't impressed with the dinner salad, raw veggies or the garlic mashed potatoes, either. After the meal the chef made his rounds. When he asked about my meal I told him the lamb was tough and tasteless. He said sorry we couldn't get the right cut of lamb. This was shoulder. I said maybe he shouldn't have served it. He said people liked it like that. Bad answer...

2  Thank John M
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First time here for our family. We were all so pleased from beginning to end. The atmosphere is charming , the service was wonderful from everyone on staff. Our daughter is Vegan and usually hard to order for. Our beautiful server graciously recommended the Chef make her eggplant parmesan . It was fabulous as was everything we ordered . The Chef even came out and greeted tables ! I was impressed. My only regret is we didn't save room for dessert ! I took a photo of the dessert tray to remind me to save room next time ! : D

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding service! Spectacular view! They gave my kids fish food to feed the koi fish while we sat at our table. The koi fish were right out our window. We all ordered fish & chips & had beef nachos as an app. We will go again!!