“Lovely Window Views”
Review of Ponds

Ponds
Ranked #11 of 239 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“Lovely Window Views”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A local restaurant with lovely views over the pond. Very pleasant atmosphere. I had fish and it was very nice. Service good. So, not your top gourmet experience, but if you want something that is not too expensive, in a pleasant atmosphere, with good food, off the 'Hilo strip' and not in the 'Hilo mall' this might be your place.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Edna A

• Korean first
San Jose, California
“Nice atmosphere, but can't cook a steak”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Seriously, if you can't cook a sirloin steak medium rare after three attempts, take it off the menu.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank potfish
Sacramento, California
“Nice atmosphere, good service, lousy food”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had leg of lamb. It was like shoe leather and tasteless. I couldn't eat it. Luckily my wife had a chicken dish that I could share. I wasn't impressed with the dinner salad, raw veggies or the garlic mashed potatoes, either. After the meal the chef made his rounds. When he asked about my meal I told him the lamb was tough and tasteless. He said sorry we couldn't get the right cut of lamb. This was shoulder. I said maybe he shouldn't have served it. He said people liked it like that. Bad answer...

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank John M
Virginia
“Ponds has it all !”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First time here for our family. We were all so pleased from beginning to end. The atmosphere is charming , the service was wonderful from everyone on staff. Our daughter is Vegan and usually hard to order for. Our beautiful server graciously recommended the Chef make her eggplant parmesan . It was fabulous as was everything we ordered . The Chef even came out and greeted tables ! I was impressed. My only regret is we didn't save room for dessert ! I took a photo of the dessert tray to remind me to save room next time ! : D

“Great place!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding service! Spectacular view! They gave my kids fish food to feed the koi fish while we sat at our table. The koi fish were right out our window. We all ordered fish & chips & had beef nachos as an app. We will go again!!