“Un-be-lie-va-ble!”
other travelers have booked this property
Master Bedroom - King Bedroom #2 - Queen Bed
Bedroom #3 King or Two Twins
Family Pavilion
Soaking Pools
Walkway to the Soaking Pools
Lanai -Colonnade of Native Ohia Tree Trunks (East End)
Lanai - West End
North Terace
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Lanai - West End
Entry from Parking Area
Office - laptop, WiFi and 2 bunk beds (if needed)
View from the Room
Hawk Eye View
From South Terace
Private walkway to the river (87 steps)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lisel445
Winnipeg, Canada
“Un-be-lie-va-ble!”
Reviewed January 13, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Booked this place a year and a half in advance! Jack is excellent in answering all of your questions in a timely manner. The whole process is painless! All instructions are clear and precise. It is exactly how you picture it!
When we arrived, we were hot because we had bought groceries, brought everything in, put our things away, etc. We were a little concerned about the heat, but no worries, it cools down nicely; I even had to put on a sweater!
Everything we needed was there! We had breakfasts and a few dinners; anything from toast to steak!
If you've never heard a frog before, then perhaps you might need the earplugs. But if you're from the country, it is a very soothing sound! We fell asleep to frogs, birds and the falls of course. I haven't slept like that in ages!
We did go into the river. It is not easy: the path down to it is steep. Take your time. If you're not a strong swimmer (like me!) grab a noodle. My husband made it close to the falls, but you've read this before: be careful of the current.
We walked to Hilo our second day there. It took about 30 minutes. It is not a hard walk, just take your time and bring some water! There are great restaurants in town: Pineapples was probably our favorite. We also went to Cronies, Jackie Ray's, Ponds, Ken's House of Pancakes (I recommend this one!) and The Volcano House (you need a car - it is amazing!) We used Uber on New Year's Eve - 7$ to get from/to the house to Jackie Ray's!
Now, that view: amazing, amazing, amazing! I was in awe every time! I miss the place; hope I can make it back there one day...

David C
Bountiful, Utah
“Absolutely Incredible”
Reviewed December 20, 2016 for a stay in June 2015

Every expectation exceeded. The service was impeccable. The ambience was sublime. We came with a family - five teenage children - and they were equally impressed. Minutes from Hilo and the beaches, this became a recluse for evenings spent together playing games and sitting by the falls. Truly a surreal vacation that is difficult to compete with anything we've done

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
Dec 28, 2016
David - Mahalo for your very nice comments. Aloha Jack & Jane
M S
Dimock
“It's all true”
Reviewed January 28, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Right now there are 5 other reviews about this house and setting on Trip Advisor. I want you to know that all those glowing remarks are TRUE! We stayed for 7 nights, and could not believe we were in such a beautiful place. TRUE!

Traveling group: Extended Family
CorgiMam
Chicago, Illinois
“A vacation I will treasure forever!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

I booked this spot for our 10 year wedding anniversary. I have taken some time to write the review because I was trying to find words to describe this Eden-like landscape. We weren't entirely sure what to expect because sometimes photos on websites can be misleading. Then as we followed our GPS directions down a residential street, we were sure something was amiss. Our misgivings were laid to rest when we pulled up to the fence and punched in the security code. We then guided our 4 wheel drive jeep rental (a must if you're off the bus tour circuit) through the gate and up the slightly winding driveway. We arrived at night,so (even though the security code worked), there was still a tad bit of anxiety. But that anxiety was quickly chased away when we entered our temporary abode. High ceilings with beautiful ceiling fans, cool tile floors, warm lighting and the faint yet vital rush of a nearby private waterfall. It was almost too much to fathom that this idyllic paradise --hidden away on a residential street, far from prying eyes-- was ours and ours alone. The wonder and joy only intensified as our exploration led us deeper into the innards of the house. The stately pathway that served as a main artery throughout the house led to a wall of floor-ceiling windows on one side and a screened entry on the other. Enticed even further by the rushing waterfall acoustics, we step outside and are immediately transported to a private tropical paradise: elephant ears, singing frogs and vibrant anthuriums converge to create a symphony for the senses. Then, when we think we've died and gone to heaven, we descend a flight of stairs and follow a short pathway which leads to the soaking room. Two separate soaking tubs paved with lava stone overlooking the palatial gardens and closer still to the ubiquitous yet still unseen waterfall. This was just our first night, so imagine our elation when we awoke to the sounds of rushing water and roosters crooking -- right in our "backyard"! Fully expecting our dream to have transported us back to a dreary mid-west winter, we were beyond ecstatic to find ourselves still in our island wonderland. We had everything we needed: full kitchen and complimentary cookies and coffee supplied by the owners. And speaking of the kitchen. *Sigh*. As soon as we step foot in the kitchen, we are bombarded by a feast for the senses: the omnipresent waterfall, the lush landscape, and ice blue sky nearly made us swoon. It was decided: we would never leave this place. We would send for the children and home school them in our newly found paradise. OK, so that hasn't happened (yet) and we knew we would eventually have to leave; and when we did, more than a few tears fell. The Falls is an Incredibly wondrous spot and my husband and I are so grateful to the owners for sharing it with us. We can't recommend it enough!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
oppykc
Rockford, Michigan
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

We are here at the falls on Reeds Island and have spent 5 nights with 2 to go. I cannot tell you how beautiful this place is. It's hard to leave to go sight seeing and snorkeling. There is every amenity you could want and then some. When we arrived the waterfall was spectacular and as the days go by with rain at night each morning it is even better. The evening symphonies are loud but wonderful and the morning songs are different but equally enjoyable. I would encourage everyone to spend time here and I'm so grateful that our time is not yet over! We will be back.

Value Location
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 8, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Luxury-minded travelers
IL
Reviewed February 23, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing