“A true place of magic in the centre of Hilo”
Review of Le Magic Pan

Le Magic Pan
Ranked #25 of 243 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A true place of magic in the centre of Hilo”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For starters, this restaurant is clean and has a pleasant enough decor, but there is nothing startling about it. The reason you MUST visit Le Magic Pan is to try their remarkable crepes.
I prefer savoury to sweet and tried the Greek crepe followed by the blueberry one for desert.
My wife and I shared both and found them both excellent, although we gave top marks to the Greek crepe for the wonderful taste, not only of the filling but also of the crepe itself. Sharing these proved more than enough for lunch.
The service was very friendly and efficient. If you are a "crepaholic" don't miss out!

• Visited October 2012

California
“Great place to share”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

What a fun place in the middle of Hilo! This is the place my daughter always requests to go to when we are in town. The serving are very large and we always split everything, that way we get to try more things. The crepes are large and filled with wonderful flavors. The bread they put out on the table while you wait is fantastic! this place is defiantly worth it!

• Visited September 2012
pahoa, hawaii
“Crepes”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

had great experience for breakfast not so much later in the day. The food is good , serve depends on the staff present. Parking is hard to find but recommend you try it for yourself

Visited September 2012
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Excellent quality”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

While in Hilo, we tried this restaurant based on the good recommendations it had received. It was a refreshing change of pace to have a crepe dinner. My husband and I did the "split" dinner with half a crepe and half a salad. We were certainly glad we did the split because the portion was still large! The salad was one of the best I've ever had - the freshest ingredients and such a variety of ingredients. Be sure to get the "house dressing" - really good! You can actually watch your crepe being made as you eat your salad. It was also very good. The only negative to the whole dining experience was the lack of service. When we arrived, we were the only ones. It wasn't until we were almost finished that another couple arrived. The owner was there talking to the cook and waitress the entire time. No one came to fill our empty water glasses or check to see how everything was. We waited a long time to have our plates removed and to get our check. If it had been crowded, it would have been more understandable. But as the only customers most of the evening, it was inexcusable. So, very high rating on the quality of the food, but very low rating on the service.

Visited August 2012
“Good crepes for Breakfast”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We didn't have high expectations of this place as we simply drove past it and I thought the name of the place was cute. I did know they served crepes for breakfast so I thought why not.
We arrived just on opening and the very bubbly and cheerful waitress took our drinks order and informed us that the cook had not yet arrived... ok then... we waited at least 10 minutes for him to arrive.
We ordered the crepes and they weren't bad however - the cheese! My god they use a lot! Tasty, but I had to leave some aside.
I won't dismiss the place. The service was good from the waitress, the crepes weren't disastrous and when we let them know that we were in a hurry to get to the airport they made sure our meals came out quickly.
I wouldn't go back in a hurry, but they are worth a drop in if you have the time.

Visited August 2012