“Cheese, Cheese, and more Cheese”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Magic Pan

Le Magic Pan
Ranked #23 of 239 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Holualoa, Hawaii
“Cheese, Cheese, and more Cheese”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My mom and I went here for the first time today. I was pretty stoked. I have been trying to go to this place for about 3 years since it opened whenever I'm in Hilo. They keep odd hours and when they are supposed to be open they aren't. Nice decor and ambiance in the restaurant a little bit pier 1 however. Everything on the menu is crepes so if you don't like crepes don't come here. They do offer a small non crepe menu but they don't have a kitchen so don't expect too much.

I ordered the crepe benedict. What I got was not. The crepe seemed fine but you couldn't tell. there was at least a LB of cheese on this thing. If your a cheese lover your probably thinking this is a good thing. However, the cheese muttled the flavors on the entire dish. Also the hollandiase sauce was seperated, this should not have even been served looked like microwaved pizza grease. Hollandaise sauce also didn't have lemon or cheyenne pepper. The eggs were poaced ok a little overdone and the ham was alright. I don't recommend this dish or if you get it ask for no cheese.

My mother got the polish sausage crepe. Her's looked like it had potential, but it too was innondated with cheese.

I've been to Paris and all over Europe and like to think of myself as a crepe connoisseur. Most guys on a street corner in Paris will put this restaurant to shame and it's not like its hard to make a good crepe i make them all the time.

Not sure if I would recommend this restaurant unless you want a dessert crepe that seemed like it was okay my mother got the nutella and banana one.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Konacoffeetraveler

Buckley, Washington
“Hidden treasure, highly recommend trying it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were the only two people there and sure hope they stay in business. Food was amazing, never had such an artfully arranged salad. My husband was sorry that we only time for one dinner. Very reasonably priced and GREAT flavors.

• Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“An excellent restaurant in Downtown Hilo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at this French crêpe restaurant and had a great time. Both entrée and dessert crêpes were delicious and really made the French way. We were lucky to have a jazz trio playing and the atmosphere that includes large paintings on the wall was really great. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We've enjoyed crêpes created by the chef/owner of this restaurant at a couple different local events. We always LOVE her crêpes as she usually offers a sweet strawberry banana and a spinach/veggie one at the event.
Tonight we thought it would be fun to visit the restaurant. The atmosphere is sweet. Super tall ceilings, modern lighting, Picasso style art, faux candles on the tables. Our server was pleasant.
We ordered the Alaska salmon with onion, capers & artichoke. It was really yummy. A bit too much cheese. Next time I would order "light on the cheese". Husband had the Greek. Said it was really good however would have requested less cheese as well. We also had the French Onion soup. Very good and the side salad was fresh and the dressing was delicious.
Dinner was VERY filling. Wish we would have had room for one of their delicious looking dessert crêpes.
Will be back.

1 Thank HawaiiSandWitch
Granite Bay, California
“Great food in the middle of Paradise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

When we walked up to look at the menu in the window, we realized it was 2:10 and the stop serving lunch at 2 pm. The waitress came out and said we were welcome to come in and order lunch. The crepes were great; and the salad and soup were superb. The waitress was delightful and very accomodating. I had wished we had found this place on the first day so we could have ate there again before we had to return to the Mainland.

Visited April 2012