The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls is truly a hidden paradise. The serenity in this place is magical. It's a good place to relax and get away from the hussle and bussle of city life. We stayed at the Maile room in the Harmony house, which my husband and I enjoyed very much. It was clean and the view of the falls was amazing. We enjoyed sleeping to the sound of the water fall. Also, the annoying sounds of the Coqui frogs is not as bad in this area as it is in Hilo town. Breakfast was delicious and the homemade coffee was spectacular. The house keepers are very friendly and hospitable. We would definitely recommend getting a massage from Heidi, it was probably the best massage my husband and I ever had.
A couple things that one should know before vacationing to the Inn is that it is very dark and very hard to find, so if you are new to the area you should make it to the property during daylight. Another thing that concerned us was that there was no locks on the front door, but according to the house keepers, the area is pretty safe. Be aware that you may or may not be able to swim in the water fall depending on the water conditions. The water fall was 50 to 100 + feet when we went and the falls was blasting, which prevented us from swimming, but we still had a great time hiking the water fall & garden trails.
Overall, the experience was amazing. I would definitely come back to the Inn at Kulaniapia Falls. If you are going for relaxation make it a point to spend one day enjoying the property and the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii