The road you drive in to the resort is country- for sure. It is actually OK Farms so you drive past beautiful macadamia orchards and huge Hawaiian cow. But there are signs for the hotel at the major junctions which are very helpful. If you have GPS it is not a problem and at the end of the beautiful road (takes about 10 min) is your own PRIVATE WATERFALL. We stayed in the Pagoda building which offers a even more privacy as it is it's own 3 story structure. With views of the waterfall at each level.
How many people in Hawaii do you see pulling over to take photos next to waterfalls? Well hear you get to sleep, swim and live next to one...it is the real deal experience.
The real bonus of this room is the full kitchen and the breakfast that it comes with. This was all included; a papaya, pineapple, guava, misc other fruit, pancake mix, syrup, 2 kinds of bread, jelly, butter, eggs, guava juice, tea, coffee...I might be forgetting something but you get the idea~ it was amazing. If you stay in the other rooms breakfast is served at the main house and is also very nice. They offer evening cocktails at sunset and weekly yoga and massage on request.
The interaction with the Inn Keepers is up to you- we found them very helpful but also very aware to give everyone their space. You can always find them and they were always helpful and accommodating. But you could also feel like you were the only people on the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii