After a long day of travelling we found the drive to the Inn to be a bit tedious and the road surface to be poor at the start of the drive. On arrival, externally the place looked tired and in need of some refurbishment. Shoes and cleaning products on the front porch, doors in need of some paint.
The location is very good and only let down by the early part of the drive into the mountains. Once inside the accommodation we found it again in need of some serious refurbishment and it had also been very poorly cleaned. Would also point out the the accommodation is very small by comparison to others we visited on the big island.
Breakfast did a least partially rescue the Inn as it was very good and the young lady doing the work was really lovely and made us feel welcome.
However my biggest complaint is about the owner, he is arrogant, dismissive of any complaints, pretends to be listening but not taking it in. In general will not hear a bad word about the establishment and thinks that the location makes up for its other many failings.
Overall 2 out of 5 and only gets that because of the breakfast. If I had paid half as much I would have felt I got what I paid for but this is NOT a luxury B&B
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii