The harmony house is really a glorified rooming house with a nice common area in which there is a kitchen, dining table and sofas, but not enough seating if all the guests are present.. Our room, the Hibiscus room is BASIC, measures 11 by perhaps 12 feet, has a Queen bed and an adjoining outside, enclosed screened area that when you are standing up on tip toes, you can see part of the falls. The bathroom door will not shut - it is a thin "skin-type" door as is the main bedroom door which adjoins the kitchen; there is only a shower and looks as if it has been an afterthought. It is easy to hear all the other guests in their rooms. Yes there are nice aspects to the property such as green life style but do not translate a bamboo garden or on-property hydro-electric with a pleasant room. You will spend 8 -10 hours at night in a fairly confined space. This might be Hawaii with understandably higher prices, but essentially, this is NOT value when compared to other accommodation we have stayed at with far more services, room and comforts. IMHO a better room can be had elsewhere. Don't be taken by all the good reviews, because the Hibiscus room is VERY basic and disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii