I booked a room with "Len", "Lenny" earlier this month. Planned an overnight getaway from the other side of the Island, where I live. Wanted a quiet, peaceful getaway, away from the hustle and bustle of the holiday hotel guests I've been serving at my job the past few weeks.
The Harmony room turned out to be a sleep room with a thin wooden door that adjoined a communal ktichen, dining room, sitting area. I knew from the minute we viewed the room it wouldn't be private and quiet enough for my liking. I immediately called Len to voice my dissatisfaction. He was offended, said "What were you expecting, a house?" He encouraged me to walk the property for 10 min and reconsider, which I did. I called him back, told him it wasn't what I'd expected. He said, "Go. Leave. I don't want you staying here anyway." So much for customer service.
We never even unloaded our bags. All we did is view the room and talk to the housekeeper who was inside cleaning. Len didn't offer to show us another room, nor did he take the time to talk walk outside to talk to us in person. He did, however, charge my credit card in full. I have disputed the charge and fully expect it to be credited. Buyer beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming Inn offering 10 rooms or a private guest house. Three waterfalls and a botanical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii