Firstly, the waterfall is worth it. This is your Hawaiian fantasy come true in waterfalls. Location is not that far from town, good road, gorgeous spot. The rooms, however, are just okay. The web site makes everything look spectacular, of course. Mirror in the bathroom dirty, not cleaned for a couple of days. Hair on the wall (not mine) also remained a couple of days. Holes in the curtains, rusty lampshades. Soap scum. We had to throw out some food in the trash can in the bathroom, which remained for a couple of days. Stayed a few days, then went to Kona, returned for one night prior to catching the plane early the next morning. Check in supposedly at 2:00 p.m. Arrived at around 2:00 p.m. but no one there. Six other guests were wandering around, wondering what to do and very confused. Our room was open but not cleaned. Returned at about 7:30 p.m. after filling time and having dinner. Room still not cleaned. Owner cleaned, but dining table still covered with crumbs, dirty bathtub. We expected to be able to sit in our room, relax and watch the waterfall that afternoon, but as it was we only were able to go to sleep. This inn is in the upper range (if not the top) in cost for a B&B here, so I really felt cheated. The food provided for breakfast is okay, but the same thing every day. The owners are extremely nice and have the Aloha spirit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii