The Inn is beautiful. The people running it are friendly but very respectful of your privacy. I would recommend that you make your trek to the Inn for the first time during the daytime when it is light outside. The road is well-marked but narrow and winding. It is in the countryside but within 10 minutes of being in the heart of Hilo. It truly gives you a sense of paradise. Because it's in the rainforest, if you are prone to mosquito bites, you may want to wear repellent. We kept the balcony door open and it attracted several mosquitos. The Hilo side of the island is not touristy like the Kona side of the island. The only downside is that after almost a week, the breakfasts were a little mundane. We have been to other bed and breakfasts that served different items every day but although the fruits and waffles were yummy, there was no variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii