Hilo Bay B&B is absolutely everything you could want from a B&B l - it was comfortable, friendly, with wonderful food, and Matthew, the host that made me want to come back to stay there again and again.
My husband and I stayed in the Lava Room, which had the most amazing bed I think I've ever slept in - if I could have tucked it into my suitcase, I would have. It was so comfortable that I could have spent all three of my days in Hilo just napping. The bathroom was truly amazing - with a sink made out of a hollowed-out boulder, and a shower that was open air to the secluded back patio.
In the mornings we were greeted by Matthew, who just puts you so at ease, like you've known him your whole life (and like the comfy bed, if I could have tucked him into my suitcase and brought him home with me, I would have!). Hanging out in the kitchen while he made his fabulous egg dish or waffles (YUM!), you felt like you were staying at a friend's house. The fruit was exquisite every morning, and it spoiled me for when I came home and couldn't have the same thing every morning in Portland.
We met another couple staying there (also from Portland, through complete coincidence), who let us peek into their room, which while smaller than ours, was no less beautiful. It had a little lanai off it, and a huge bathtub. We all agreed that ANY room you stay in here is going to be a winner.
I will definitely go back to Hilo, and absolutely with no question, stay at Hilo Bay B&B every time. As far as I'm concerned, there really is no other place to stay there. It's an amazing little jewel right in the middle of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Hilo Bay views from this beautifully restored 1912 historic home in the heart of Hilo, close to all the wonderful markets, cafes and galleries that make Hilo so famous. Each room has a private lanai with views of magical koi ponds and/or Hilo Bay and are furnished with period antiques and unique island art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilo Bay Hotel Hilo
- Hilo Bay Bed And Breakfast
- Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast Hawaii