We stayed at this place on a late decision. Visiting the volcano park and staying at the other side of the island we didn't want to drive all the way back and decided late in the evening to call the B&B if they had availability. Daniel was very accommodating and gave us good directions over the phone. We found the property easy and we we're the only ones staying that night. An old house that has been renovated. The owners did a very good job on it. Matthew prepared us a delicious breakfast that we could take on the patio. Fresh fruits, fresh baked bread, eggs…a very good coffee… a very good start of the day. We would surely stay here again on our next stay in Hilo. Notice that Hilo is the second town on the Big Island but there is no big hotel chains. We we're very lucky to find availability here, book well ahead. All rooms in this place are nice to stay in. Its an old house so yes you will hear some noise walking on the wooden floors. And yes the cu-key frogs are very noisy and we thought we wouldn't get any sleep but we had a very good sleep. The frogs are all over on this part of the island so every place will have them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Hilo Bay views from this beautifully restored 1912 historic home in the heart of Hilo, close to all the wonderful markets, cafes and galleries that make Hilo so famous. Each room has a private lanai with views of magical koi ponds and/or Hilo Bay and are furnished with period antiques and unique island art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilo Bay Bed And Breakfast
- Hilo Bay Hotel Hilo
- Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast Hawaii